Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 12:07:51 PM EDT
hi gang,

picked up a gen 4 glock 19 and 26 last week.

shot both and i had to get some magazine adapters
for the 26 to get comfortable shooting it.

initial impressions were they both shot well and was
easy to shoot.  learning curve was short.  the 19
was easier for me to shoot then the 26.

the 19 is definitely a keeper but i don't think the 26 is for me.

if anyone wants to trade a sig for a lnib gen 4 26 let me know.

pics with my sigs for comparison.

the xgrip adapter i bought the the 26 is useless.  to much
flex during shooting.  do not buy this adapter.

cheers,

cl

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gloves
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The grip adapter makes zero sense.  The whole reason the G26 exists is to make a G19 more concealable.  Adding a grip adaptor that makes a G26 butt as big as a G17 is just plain backwards.  I'm confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock

Keep shooting the G26, and without the floor plates.  You'll surprise yourself how well you do with it.  

Occasionally I have to be a showoff to HTF members and tag the 8" steel gong at 100 yards 4 or 5 out of 10 shots with my Wife's G26.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The grip adapter makes zero sense.  The whole reason the G26 exists is to make a G19 more concealable.  Adding a grip adaptor that makes a G26 butt as big as a G17 is just plain backwards.  I'm confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.

that's a good question.

the answer is i'm not sure.

i have carried a 92f and to a lesser extent a 228.  so carrying bigger guns
don't really bother me.  i wanted a backup to the g19 but didn't want another
full sized gun.  i was thinking the g26 would be more flexible.  best of both
worlds type of thing.  but the problem is i over thought it.

the gloves pictured were some cheap home depot gorilla gloves.  
they work surprisingly well.  i bought some full fingered blackhawk
gloves for the winter and will try them out over the holidays.

i bought a large and they fit tight but per reviews the fingers are a tad long,
i.e. the blackhawk gloves.  the left hand fits perfect but my right
trigger finger is a quarter inch too long.  after examination it looks
like that's the way this particular pair was made.

i agree and will give these guns some trigger time.  the g19 i can
tell i will like but having my pinky dangle off the grip feels weird.

though i can tell even with limited experience with it, it's easy to
shoot and i was more accurate with it then my p6.

cl
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My gloves comment was in jest
No offense meant
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My gloves comment was in jest
No offense meant

none taken.  i have thick skin :)

they do work surprisingly well though.
dry firing with the blackhawks, my initial
impression is they are a little thick.  good
for cold weather hopefully.

i use to wear black leather, skin tight
driving gloves.  i liked those as well.

cl
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The grip adapters are for reloads.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
CL, I am a pretty unapologetic Glock advocate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see you pass the G26 on for the simple reason that the G19 is much more useful in a wide range of situations over the G26, and almost as concealable.  If you consider things like your draw into the equation, the G26 really starts to become a liability over an asset.  I wouldn't already own a G26 unless my wife's carry profile essentially dictated it.  She is very tall and thin and there is not much room for plastic protuberances without printing.  Due to her threat profile and carry options, it covers more area under the curve than any other firearm.   When I have carried the gun, I found that it was too small for me to draw effectively without mag extensions, and gave up little concealbility to the G19.  Simply put, the G19 conceals almost as well as the G26.

However, to the G26's credit, some shooters actually shoot the baby glocks better than any other Glock.  I think that the reason for this is due to the shooter having to rely on the "hump" of the backstrap to dig into the meat of their palm, rather than apply pressure evenly like you would with any other gun.   Leaning into the Glock's "hump" makes it very controllable in my experience, and also provides excellent control when you cannot get an ideal grip on the firearm (such as one would if they are shooting at people instead of paper).  That said, I do find her G26 to be very accurate, very reliable, and very capable.  It's a winner, but I'll stick with my 19.

P.S.  Sometimes I too rock soft italian driving gloves when shooting.  Sometime we should shoot plastic pistols and wear soft italian driving gloves and take a ride in your magnummobile..  Loading mags tears up the gloves though, so we will have to bring cavgunner along to load mags for us.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's how the OP is using them.  I daily carry a G26 with G19 mags for reloads or a G19 with G17 mags for reloads, so I'm absolutely a fan of the concept of increased capacity at reload.  However, the grip adaptors suck.  They eliminate any possibility of a good purchase on the magazine in its pouch and have some fundamental issues.  They're a gimmick.  The custom fit ones that BSS and CBC do are perhaps an exception.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's how the OP is using them.  I daily carry a G26 with G19 mags for reloads or a G19 with G17 mags for reloads, so I'm absolutely a fan of the concept of increased capacity at reload.  However, the grip adaptors suck.  They eliminate any possibility of a good purchase on the magazine in its pouch and have some fundamental issues.  They're a gimmick.  The custom fit ones that BSS and CBC do are perhaps an exception.

what about finger extension plates?

We have a few on our 26 mags.  Pierce medium grips.   It doesn't matter to me.  I shoot the 26 just as well with or without the extensions, but it makes a slight difference to her.

Big +1 on carrying the next size up for reloads.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what about finger extension plates?

We have a few on our 26 mags.  Pierce medium grips.   It doesn't matter to me.  I shoot the 26 just as well with or without the extensions, but it makes a slight difference to her.

Big +1 on carrying the next size up for reloads.

Personal preference on the finger extension floorplates.  I like the Pierce too and it doesn't increase the size of the butt substantially like the grip extensions do - I'd put them in a completely different category.  I have done drills with a standard plate and the Pierce and it makes no difference at least for me.  The Pierce gives you a little more comfort if it's weird to feel your pinky hang off the gun.

The grip extensions/adapters crack me up though... It's like "OK, I like the G19, but I need more concealability... I'll get a G26... And now what can I do to make it less concealable than a G19 with a shorter sight radius... Hmmm... I'll throw this shitty piece of plastic on a G19 or G17 mag."

Dan, like you, I'm a G19 guy and the usefulness of a G26 was very little for me until I got to experience the heat of the deep, dirty south.  If I roll out the door with it, it's because I can't carry the G19.  It's a compromise gun.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't you involve me in your dirty little Glock plans, Dan TSX....

While my mechanical man hands can load a magazine in 23 seconds, I use maglulas now...

Stop feeding Dan please...he's turning into the Little Glock Stewie Griffin...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While my mechanical man hands can load a magazine in 23 seconds, I use maglulas now...

Who do you think got me into the right track with Glock?

It was Rgaper and CTBuilder

You can learn a lot being around those guys.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, eventually, everyone, everywhere will own at least one Glock. Its just prudent. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a nice lightly used G19G3.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, eventually, everyone, everywhere will own at least one Glock. Its just prudent. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a nice lightly used G19G3.

I just bought my 4th glock!
Reliable- yes
Eat any ammo- yes
Did I mention that it is reliable and will eat any ammo?
Cheaper than many of the high end guns that won't eat any ammo and are not reliable!
I have been a glock owner for 20 years
I am Ghey for glocks
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]
the only problem with the magnum car is that it's only a two seater so cavgunner will have to
sit on your lap.  it's been done before, just never with two dudes.

i guess we should do a bring your glock day at a range then
have some tea with the vicar?

i have never been to a ct cabaret.  i know there was a post about
one a few days ago but i need a tad bit more planning.

cl
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the only problem with the magnum car is that it's only a two seater so cavgunner will have to
sit on your lap.  it's been done before, just never with two dudes.

i guess we should do a bring your glock day at a range then
have some tea with the vicar?

i have never been to a ct cabaret.  i know there was a post about
one a few days ago but i need a tad bit more planning.

cl

Ghey!!!!!!!
I have been drinking
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont like the sub compact glocks either.  19's are cool but I still prefer the fullsize guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top