Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:09:28 PM EDT
I recently stumbled on to their website, but most of it was not working, anyone ever been there?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
hello. you are talking about marty! see him all the time at gun shows. done quite a few deals with him. no problems. he is kind of a loud mouth, but in a funny way. he tells you the way it is, and if you dont like it, he will tell you to go #### yourself!  he is just very out-spoken. you can usually hear him many tables away. he is german and a german nut! collects all sorts of german items.  kirk
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like quite a character
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for Marty. I have bought many guns from him. Bought a Century FAL from him NIB that would not cycle for anything. He exchanged it for me, rather than make me deal with Century. Go to his shop out in the boonies (call to be sure he'll be there), or visit him at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So this is the guy from Delavan, or shall I say, Richmond, I guess.  I think I've bought excellent condition, ammo cans from him before.  He lists stuff on one of the gun auction sites, I believe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
He's a trip, but his stuff is good.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I bought a nice stripped PWA lower from him at the Waukesha show about 5-6 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The next Waukesha show is next weekend 4/20-4/22 I hope he has the lowers that I ordered
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The next Waukesha show is next weekend 4/20-4/22 I hope he has the lowers that I ordered

He's most likely at the FDL show right now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]

I frequent Gunbroker.com and he lists some of the most interesting stuff I've seen. I don't know him, and haven't bought anything from the guy (yet) but some of the stuff he has up for auction makes me consider going even further into debt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, after I think about it, this is the place that I got to hand pick ammo cans.  He had them neatly stacked on racks in the back of his "Firebird City" building, on the right side, in Richmond, near that restaurant, The Duck Inn.  I only remember an older, white haired guy, (looked like an old biker), that was in there.  May or may not be the guy, as there were a few other people in there the day I stopped several years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#11]
The guy in Richmond packed up shop and left, leaving behind all his customers guns.

There was a big to-do about it, since the ATF took all the firearms and nobody knew who to contact to claim their firearm.

It also caused Richmond to pass an ordinance that bans FFL's from establishing a shop in town.

Edit: Richmond, IL (just over the border). Is there a Richmond, WI?

I assume the guy who runs Tripwire in Delivan is differnet. The store I was at had a lot of Nazi shit up frot and the back of the store was floor to celing with ammo cans. The guns were stored in a side room.

After watching him organize some Mosin Nagants for sale, I will never buy a used rifle from him. He had a bunch of Nagants come in. All were missing parts. All he would do is take a bolt, sight, or missing part from one gun and slap it on another. Stuck a price tag on it and placed in in the rack - no testing required!

Av.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
tripwiremilitaryantiques.com/

This is the guy that I bought the cans from, and if you click on "Local Area Map", you can see that, though he lists his address as Delavan, the map lists the place still in Richmond, WI, between Millard and Johnstown City.  Yes, there is a Richmond WI.  Don't blink when you go through there, though, you might miss it!

Haven't driven by there since last fall, so I don't know if that's where he's still located.

And yes, I do remember him having some of those Nazi flags in the establishment, and a little shop inside off to the side, where he had the "store" itself.  Click on "Visit Firebird City" on the bottom of the webpage, and that's the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top