Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 1:38:10 PM EDT
i finished my 1st assembly RRA 16 CAR flat top. used all RRA parts test fired flawlessly with different mags /ammo.  all went well .very happy with results......i now have been lookin to ease trigger pull. i see on the EE boards for 80-90 bucks for 2 stage and also have  seen the .25 cent spring bending thing.,(Hmmmm i don't know about that,).
Just curious what to what yall have done, if anything??
im leaning towards 2 stage RRA to keep it all the same..........on my pistol build has yet to be determined.
By they way thanks to all for sharing info/ideas/thoughts. im learning a bunch
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say RRA all the way. I hate the idea of bending springs or clipping the leg off of the hammer spring to lighten the trigger pull, I'd rather have the trigger that was designed to have a lighter pull from the get-go.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I absolutely love the two stage in my RRA.  The military's M16A2 trigger is creep city, absolutely nothing like my RRA.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a RRA 2 stage in my M4gery, and it's awfully hard to beat for the $$$.

I also have a Jewell 2 stage in my 20" V match. It's 0 creep, smooth take up, breaks like glass, but not nearly so affordable, and kind of overkill for an offhand gun. Since I shoot it off the bipod, it's great (and I'd love to vaporize some coyotes with it one of these days), but I wouldn't want it in my M4gery.

I know people who have done the trigger spring thing, and haven't had problems, but I don't relish the idea. If you have spare parts, it's worth a try, but personally, I'm with Wizzo on that. The idea of cutting a hammer spring just screams hangfire/misfire potential to me. Just my $.02--YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Another up-side to the RRA is that bump firing with it is soooooooooooooo easy!!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Another up-side to the RRA is that bump firing with it is soooooooooooooo easy!!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Check with Robert at RB Precision. He has the RRA triggers for a very fair price. Look for him in the Illinois equipment exchange section.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check with Robert at RB Precision. He has the RRA triggers for a very fair price. Look for him in the Illinois equipment exchange section.

Robert is the MAN!
Call him up and he will help you out...
www.rbprecision.com/
OR 309-534-8175
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top