Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:01:59 PM EDT
I know everyone has heard of all the glock KB's on the interweb and seen pics and such.  I know it can be a very touchy subject also.  Wed while ate the gun shop a guy brought some pics in from a well known seasoned shooter in my area.  It was a pick of his hand and a pic of his glock (19 I think).  While he was range shooting with some friends his glock apperently fired out of battery and ignighted the next round blowing out the frame around the trigger guard and upper mag well.  He is ok but his hand looked pretty mangled up.  The pick of the gun looked just like many others I have ran across on the web.  But of course per Glock "they have never heard of this problem".

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know everyone has heard of all the glock KB's on the interweb and seen pics and such.  I know it can be a very touchy subject also.  Wed while ate the gun shop a guy brought some pics in from a well known seasoned shooter in my area.  It was a pick of his hand and a pic of his glock (19 I think).  While he was range shooting with some friends his glock apperently fired out of battery and ignighted the next round blowing out the frame around the trigger guard and upper mag well.  He is ok but his hand looked pretty mangled up.  The pick of the gun looked just like many others I have ran across on the web.  But of course per Glock "they have never heard of this problem".

hmmmmmmm didn't think the 19s or any 9 had ever done it....

thought it was a 40 cal issue.....

i'd still bet a dollar to a doughnut their failure rate is less than taurus
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

hr

I call B.S.!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
this is going to be a great thread.  and yes it was a 9mm.  Caliber has nothing to do with the fact that a glock will fire out of battery which is bad if happens.

So in my conclusion,  tauras is safer to shoot
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
this is going to be a great thread.  and yes it was a 9mm.  Caliber has nothing to do with the fact that a glock will fire out of battery which is bad if happens.

OH  MFG  call the intervention people Jeff is on crack
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH  MFG  call the intervention people Jeff is on crack

HAHA,  I wish  

Taurus- 1
Glock -  0

hehe
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Jeff you need to give that stuff up NOW!!  Speaking of giving I'm willing to buy (if the price is right) every Glock anyone is willing to sell. Remember they might KB in your hand and then you'd have to give up a favorite love, pistol shooting, because of the automatic flinching it caused.

Have $$$ will buy!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
last time I was shooting a glock I experienced a severe KB..................................................................
.damn near blew the ass end outta my pants and it left a mark.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Ndenway sounds like you over loaded for the shoot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Who was it? You know I ama going to follow up on this.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Also was he shooting hand loads? Cast bulets? need more information.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I am not going to give his name out on the internet but you can go to the gun shop on main and see the pics.   I believe he was shooting factory loads but I am not sure of it
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not going to give his name out on the internet but you can go to the gun shop on main and see the pics.   I believe he was shooting factory loads but I am not sure of it

Pssst, it is called IM or Email....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

yeah, it was a +pressure+ load.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, it was a +pressure+ load.

Well hell, thats gonna happen everytime!!  Thank God nobody got hurt.  Gotta be more careful before you kill someone, accident or not thats a dangerous combination.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I am late as usual, but I just got a GLOCK 21 on a trade and decided to study up on ths model's failures. Until I seen this thread I thought this problem was specific to the 21's. here are a few link's that shed some light on the KB situation. I find it amusing that one of the link's blames the GLOCK's frequent KB's on the fact that there are so many of them out there! If this is the case, then why is it not so common with the 1911? I mean, there has to be at least as many 1911's in use as all the model's of GLOCK combined!
My new G-21 may not be around long. Seem's as though GLOCK tries to keep the hush, hush on these situation's for some reason or another. Could it be that it is not alway's ammo related? Makes me wonder anyway!

http://hometown.aol.com/bishop042/Glock.html  Go to the bottom of the page on this one.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/g21kb4.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/ppb.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/gindex2.html

http://glockmeister.com/failure.shtml

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I understand why a lot of people bash on the Glock. It's like our own country the good ol' USA. When you're number 1, people are going to find a way to bust you down any way they can.

I've had Glocks for over a decade now. There really are a lot of them in service. If the problems were as wide spread as folks want to make them out to be, they wouldn't be in service in all of the places that they are. The gun markey is a fierce one and the Glock has a lot of good competition out there. I wouldn't feel bad with a Beretta 92FS and I had one for a couple of years. I never had that big of a problem with them. There's a lot of them in military service. Sig cranks out a mighty fine handgun and I've had a P226 that I really liked before as well.

The Glock vs. 1911 debate is silly. It's all about personal preference I think. Kinda like the M16 vs. AK-47 debate. I like them all, but for daily use, I choose the Glock.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#18]
brassjunkie

have no fear of the 21 or the 30 i've had both models for several several years........ my 21 even digested some lead bullets the first day i had it ...... who reads the directions ......

now you want a dangerous pistol ........ I got a taurus id be willing to swap and give some boot for the 21  i'll even throw in some safety glass's cause your going to need them
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Glocks are dangerous - I don't care what other people think, I swear they are dangerous. I've got two - a 21 and a 19.
Before a year or two, you'll see Glocks on the market with safeties on the slides.
Too many people shoot themselves in the legs when holstering or unholstering the Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I understand why a lot of people bash on the Glock. It's like our own country the good ol' USA. When you're number 1, people are going to find a way to bust you down any way they can.

I've had Glocks for over a decade now. There really are a lot of them in service. If the problems were as wide spread as folks want to make them out to be, they wouldn't be in service in all of the places that they are. The gun markey is a fierce one and the Glock has a lot of good competition out there. I wouldn't feel bad with a Beretta 92FS and I had one for a couple of years. I never had that big of a problem with them. There's a lot of them in military service. Sig cranks out a mighty fine handgun and I've had a P226 that I really liked before as well.

The Glock vs. 1911 debate is silly. It's all about personal preference I think. Kinda like the M16 vs. AK-47 debate. I like them all, but for daily use, I choose the Glock.  

Twobravo, If I were a GLOCK basher I more than likely would not have just got one. I am not trying to turn this in to a GLOCK vs. 1911 debate either. I am simply saying that I have owned serveral 1911's but never a glock. The only reason is due to the fact that i did not like the grip.
I was getting arount to the fact that as a new G-21 owner, to find out this info. on all the KB's prior to ever firing the weapon, will inherently affect my ability to focus on firing without flinching. I never heard any of this about the 1911's. Not to say that it has or does not happen in 1911's! I have personally never heard of it therefore it did not affect my ability to concentrate on sight picture, instead of watching my hand's and flinching every time I pull the trigger. It just appear's to me that some GLOCK's are tempermental is all.
Hell, who know's! I may get to like the 21 and never buy another 1911.

Quoted:
brassjunkie

have no fear of the 21 or the 30 i've had both models for several several years........ my 21 even digested some lead bullets the first day i had it ...... who reads the directions ......

now you want a dangerous pistol ........ I got a taurus id be willing to swap and give some boot for the 21  i'll even throw in some safety glass's cause your going to need them

I am going to try it out and if I don't like it, you will be the first to know! Do you still shoot lead? I will be investing in an aftermarket barrel, because I run alot of lead in .45.

What's wrong with the Taurus? It's got a lifetime warranty! No thank's!
I had one for 50 round's, a PT-92.

danc:  It sound's like those individual's could utilize a grip safety, or learn to index as is proper.

Joseph Cominolli does an external safety kit for GLOCK,s. it is not on the slide but on the frame.

Here is his web link      http://www.americanpistol.com/Members/cominolli.html    if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was getting arount to the fact that as a new G-21 owner, to find out this info. on all the KB's prior to ever firing the weapon, will inherently affect my ability to focus on firing without flinching.  instead of watching my hand's and flinching every time I pull the trigger. It just appear's to me that some GLOCK's are tempermental is all.

no need to flinch man, just shoot it, if it KBs, you'll most likely be the first to know, and if not, then you'll figure it out soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Twobravo, If I were a GLOCK basher I more than likely would not have just got one. I am not trying to turn this in to a GLOCK vs. 1911 debate either. I am simply saying that I have owned serveral 1911's but never a glock. The only reason is due to the fact that i did not like the grip.
I was getting arount to the fact that as a new G-21 owner, to find out this info. on all the KB's prior to ever firing the weapon, will inherently affect my ability to focus on firing without flinching. I never heard any of this about the 1911's. Not to say that it has or does not happen in 1911's! I have personally never heard of it therefore it did not affect my ability to concentrate on sight picture, instead of watching my hand's and flinching every time I pull the trigger. It just appear's to me that some GLOCK's are tempermental is all.

OH NO.......... I love my glocks but i would never get rid of the 1911's nor would i recomend it  

Quoted:
brassjunkie

I am going to try it out and if I don't like it, you will be the first to know! Do you still shoot lead? I will be investing in an aftermarket barrel, because I run alot of lead in .45.
no i just went back to loading all copper jacketed bullets for all my 45's

What's wrong with the Taurus? It's got a lifetime warranty! No thank's!
I had one for 50 round's, a PT-92.
Had a catostrophic failure with one of those in my hand......

danc:  It sound's like those individual's could utilize a grip safety, or learn to index as is proper.

Joseph Cominolli does an external safety kit for GLOCK,s. it is not on the slide but on the frame.

Here is his web link      http://www.americanpistol.com/Members/cominolli.html    if anyone is interested in checking it out.

you should read the torture test done on the 21 in the glock section on this sight.........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

brass, my brother is a sargeant in the Pittsburgh Police Bureau. I sent him the link from Brownells on the Cominolli safety and jig for doing the frame. He was telling me that Glock is just now starting to sell LE agencies Glocks with a slide mounted safety to lock up the striker. He is supposed to be getting me the info. I saw the film where a big black cop was demonstrating his Glock for some grade school kids and shot himself in the leg pulling in out of his IWB holster.
That video has really hurt Glock sales. This safety is an effort to recoup some of their market loss.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

brass, my brother is a sargeant in the Pittsburgh Police Bureau. I sent him the link from Brownells on the Cominolli safety and jig for doing the frame. He was telling me that Glock is just now starting to sell LE agencies Glocks with a slide mounted safety to lock up the striker. He is supposed to be getting me the info. I saw the film where a big black cop was demonstrating his Glock for some grade school kids and shot himself in the leg pulling in out of his IWB holster.
That video has really hurt Glock sales. This safety is an effort to recoup some of their market loss.

least it wasn't someones dog

btw is joshl really a cop
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#25]
eh......if you want a plastic gun with a safty, just get an XD, their just as reliable, and cost less to boot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yep, he sure is - second generation at that! My uncle is a retired fireman from the town Josh's dad is still working at and know's Josh's dad.  One of the officers in his department came over to the house a couple of years ago with a long time friend to have me fix an AR he had just bought.
I'd forgotten his name but Josh knew him right off when I mentioned it.
Josh is pretty serious about his shooting - both handgun and rifle.  He's a good guy - so go easy on your sucking up!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, he sure is - second generation at that! My uncle is a retired fireman from the town Josh's dad is still working at and know's Josh's dad.  One of the officers in his department came over to the house a couple of years ago with a long time friend to have me fix an AR he had just bought.
I'd forgotten his name but Josh knew him right off when I mentioned it.
Josh is pretty serious about his shooting - both handgun and rifle.  He's a good guy - so go easy on your sucking up!

cool i got my own personal cop buddy now......

if i need any dogs dispatched i know who to call  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Tauras pwns joo + glock is teh ghey = Tauras FTW!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Guy's, I just got the 21 in and if the previous owner was willing to shoot it as dirty as it is, and it did not KB on him. I am game! It is in great shape, just dirty as hell!

I will get to the range in the next few day's and if you don't hear back from me, we will all know what happened!

acman:  I will definatly look at the torture test link, as soon as I locate it!

danc:  Update with the info. when you get it, please!

Ndenway:  I had a XD 9 service model and loved it. I got rid of it as I have issues with weapons that the factory will not sell part's for! It was not defective, however I like to have certain replacement part's for certain weapon's and Springfield does not or at least did not sell ANY replacement part's for the XD at that time. I have had 2 Springfield 1911's in the past year, both new and both had problem's with fit and finish. More so on the fit side!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Guy's, I just got the 21 in and if the previous owner was willing to shoot it as dirty as it is, and it did not KB on him. I am game! It is in great shape, just dirty as hell!

I will get to the range in the next few day's and if you don't hear back from me, we will all know what happened!

ackman:   I will definatly look at the torture test link, as soon as I locate it!

hey its a cardinal sin to misspell my name
I looked a little couldn't find that damn thread ........anyway abused isn't even the word for  what all has been done to it ... btw i've never actually cleaned my glocks i've wiped the outside off before though

Ndenway:  I had a XD 9 service model and loved it. I got rid of it as I have issues with weapons that the factory will not sell part's for! It was not defective, however I like to have certain replacement part's for certain weapon's and Springfield does not or at least did not sell ANY replacement part's for the XD at that time. I have had 2 Springfield 1911's in the past year, both new and both had problem's with fit and finish. More so on the fit side!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Tauras pwns joo + glock is teh ghey = Tauras FTW!

drinking again ay
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
ackman: ackmanackman

I like mine pretty well, its got the shitty finish on it though, gotta keep it wiped down every couple of days to keep the slide from rusting, other than that, its been great, got about 4k through it, couple of hangups from lead reloads, but it was a simple adjustment to the seating die, none since then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How come it's never my glock blew up and here is the story, it's always I saw some photos from some guy who shot some ammo at some range somewhere and his Glock Kaboomed.

Alot like Bigfoot....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ackman:   I will definatly look at the torture test link, as soon as I locate it!

I looked a little couldn't find that damn thread ........anyway abused isn't even the word for  what all has been done to it ... btw i've never actually cleaned my glocks i've wiped the outside off before though

I fixed it!  In my own defense, I got big finger's and ummm, the k is right above the m.
Are you serious about not cleaning your GLOCK's
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How come it's never my glock blew up and here is the story, it's always I saw some photos from some guy who shot some ammo at some range somewhere and his Glock Kaboomed.

Alot like Bigfoot....

Repent, ye nonbeliever!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fixed it!  In my own defense, I got big finger's and ummm, the k is right above the m.
Are you serious about not cleaning your GLOCK's

i was just messing with you about the name the spelling nazis give me hell on here

and yes i'm serious about the Glocks......theirs a member here that came down to do a transfer and was going to show me how to change trigers in my 21 and  he can testify to how dirty they are ... i think it's self limiting since i've never had a malfunction in either my 21 or 30.....
.........the 17 i bought for my wife doesn't have that high of a rnd cnt but it's on the zero cleaning program also .........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top