Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:51:37 AM EDT
because I called my Dicks for the 1st time inquiring about it.  The manager stated all the orders were fulfilled.  Obviously something is wrong as I do not have mine...  more to come.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Which location?
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you prepay for it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Mall GA location.  Of course I prepaid for it as they only had 1 gun on BF.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one as well. I just called and was told that they are still on back order with no expected delivery date.
On m4carbine.net, there have been reports of January or even later expected delivery.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Seen a couple listed on ODT...for $1k
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't being accusatory.......I was just curious how Dick's had handled the backorders.  Many companies do not require prepayment on a backorder.......they charge your card when it ships, or when it arrives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
It was a buying frenzy during the $799 price blitz so I would not be surprised if the backorder is going to take awhile based on the same response for every Dick's across the country wanting the same product from a single source. My advice is to be patient and stay close to the firearms dept manager at the Dick's where you purchased the rifle. He/she can speak to their distribution center/ regional supplier to see what the wait time is going to be.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one - I expect it to be weeks before filled.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope,

Prepaid for two of them at MOG.

td
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
looks like its official, we's gonna get screwed by Dicks.  Here are some excerpts from the slickdeals megathread about it:  http://slickdeals.net/f/5539454-AR15-Troy-Complete-16-5-56-Carbine-720-before-tax-Dicks-Sporting-Goods?&page=56

I went to the local dick's (OKC) and talked with the mgr that assured me the rifles would be delivered just a few days ago. He had just gotten a call from corporate about the refunds and $100 gc's. Well he was pretty livid a out the whole situation. They told him one day to tell customers they'd be getting rifles and 3 days later he's told the exact opposite. I do feel bad for the guy. He's just doing what he's told. So I was pretty nice to him. I'm sure others won't do the same.

But there is still the unresolved question about where the last shipment of rifles went to. He didn't know. Well I don't really think anybody at dick's knows anything at this point. We will just have to wait and see what lucky 20 or 30 customers get there rifles. Fingers crossed they go to Oklahoma but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I might just have to build me something with my Loki parts.

I just spoke with the store manager where I purchased mine. He said even if they get it in the store, they can not let it out the front door. He also said they have already sent their entire black rifle inventory back to "corporate". He was frustrated with this and had nothing to offer. The refunds are being sent by overnight mail in the next day or two as well.

I am livid, if there are any plans for a lawsuit I am all in. I am now going to call the regional manager.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a letter from Dicks today.  It basically said we can't sell  you the rifle, here's $100 credit to spend at our store.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I guess I won't be doing anymore business at Dick's

Semper Fi !
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, I guess I won't be doing anymore business at Dick's

Semper Fi !

Absolutely this!  

Incredibly stupid that a sporting good store that sells, well SPORTING stuff, would cave to these bastards and turn their backs on their loyal base.  If they go thru with this and don't allow common sense to flow back into their corporate offices, I'll never set foot inside one again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got a letter from Dicks today.  It basically said we can't sell  you the rifle, here's $100 credit to spend at our store.

Which Dick's location did you purchase the AR?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Mall of GA.  I read others are possibly looking at legal action.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Please keep me in the loop regarding any and all legal action.

I prepaid for two at MOG and of course they have not delivered.

Todd @ Shop
478-296-1582
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

really?

I understand the disappointment, but the refunded the money, and threw in $100 on top of it.  Sounds like an attempt at customer service anyway.  They could have just refunded you the money and told you to get bent.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#18]
In for buying a bunch of dildo's mailing them to corporate with a note telling Dick's management to eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't have any interest in this but from my perspective:

1. They made huge $ via ancillary sales getting people to the stores on Black Friday in order to get one of these rifles reserved and paid for.

2. They can now sell those same rifles for huge profits beyond what they anticipated making due to the frenzy of panic buying.

3. They totally punked out those who believe in the 2nd by voluntarily pulling those evil black assault rifles from the shelves.

I say fuck them standing and the $100 isn't enough. Make'em pay more in some if just by voting with the wallet.

Quoted:

Quoted:

really?

I understand the disappointment, but the refunded the money, and threw in $100 on top of it.  Sounds like an attempt at customer service anyway.  They could have just refunded you the money and told you to get bent.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really?

Well, there's a certain expectation after you make people prepay for merchandise then fail to deliver.

Issuing a rain check then failing to deliver is a horse of a different color.

td
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't have any interest in this but from my perspective:

1. They made huge $ via ancillary sales getting people to the stores on Black Friday in order to get one of these rifles reserved and paid for.
2. They can now sell those same rifles for huge profits beyond what they anticipated making due to the frenzy of panic buying.
3. They totally punked out those who believe in the 2nd by voluntarily pulling those evil black assault rifles from the shelves.

I say fuck them standing and the $100 isn't enough. Make'em pay more in some if just by voting with the wallet.

Quoted:
Quoted:

really?

how? company policy now forbids the sale of EBR's.  per above, the managers can't even order them into individual stores.   it sounds like they're sending them back to distributors.  if that is the case, they're losing money on resale too.

Didn't Brownell's cancel a bunch of people's pmag orders recently? should they be sued too?

I just don't understand the "sue at a drop a hat, because I didn't get my way" mentality.    Folks are out nothing other than a little bit of time, and Dick's trying to compensate them for that with the $100.  I don't shop at Dick's because I think they're too spendy anyway, but it seems like there are better ways to spend one's time/energy/resources.  

edit: brownell's
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#22]
They renegotiated the deal agreed to. Ban Hammer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I was lucky I got one a couple of days after Black Friday as well as some Troy mags................kinda shitty way to do business though.........they should fulfill the orders first and foremost
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
While dicks might carry firearms they are not, and have never been a gun store.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Agree
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, found my special delivery letter on front step - Merry Christmas! Dick's is "unable to fulfill orders of this item" - Troy Carbine. They apologize and "do appreciate my patronage" therefore they gave me a $100 gift card. I am thoroughly disappointed and yes this will negatively impact my "patronage" of Dicks in the future.

Now have to decide if I will use the $100 Dick's Gift Card. Part of me says no but other part of me says at least get the $100 out of them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I miss Galyan's
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, found my special delivery letter on front step - Merry Christmas! Dick's is "unable to fulfill orders of this item" - Troy Carbine. They apologize and "do appreciate my patronage" therefore they gave me a $100 gift card. I am thoroughly disappointed and yes this will negatively impact my "patronage" of Dicks in the future.

Now have to decide if I will use the $100 Dick's Gift Card. Part of me says no but other part of me says at least get the $100 out of them.

Use the card then never darken their doors again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#29]
If y'all use the gift card make sure to use it on ammo as that is the lowest margin item in the store.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Yep..........blow it all on ammo

Quoted:
If y'all use the gift card make sure to use it on ammo as that is the lowest margin item in the store.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry to hear they cancelled orders.  I guess the price was too good to be true after all.  So did anyone get lucky and pick one up without a backorder?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear they cancelled orders.  I guess the price was too good to be true after all.  So did anyone get lucky and pick one up without a backorder?

I do not think it is the price. It is the evil black rifle thing from DSG.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Well whatever people do, for god's sake make sure you use the $100 gift cards and don't forget about them!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Mall of GA had 1 rifle on Black Friday.  I was behind the guy that got it.
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#35]
in case you haven't seen it, legal action is being pursued here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/578970_New_Troy_5_56_Carbine.html&page=18

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I signed onto the legal action, hope it is not a scam. Not happy with Troy's response either - so I am blaming Troy too. Troy could sell the rifle to the screwed Dick's customers through local FFLs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#37]
they could but they would be losing money as Dicks bought it via volume pricing.

Quoted:
I signed onto the legal action, hope it is not a scam. Not happy with Troy's response either - so I am blaming Troy too. Troy could sell the rifle to the screwed Dick's customers through local FFLs.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#38]
In case you folks hadn't seen this from Troy:
Troy Industries Issues Statement Regarding Dick’s Sporting Goods Suspension of MSR Sales

Troy
Industries issued this statement earlier today regarding the decision
by big box store Dick’s Sporting Goods to abruptly suspend sales of
Modern Sporting Rifles after the tragic shooting in Newtown, CT earlier
this month.

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries,
Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media
outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop
selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG
did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the
public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were
being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was
closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility
and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the
market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the
sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales
forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant
financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop,
manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace.
Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will
not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its
Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars
by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy
is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and
consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing
to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any
other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy
understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have
been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself,
cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was
offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for
sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week.
As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised
its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been
avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly
canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy
is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for
its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult
and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy

CEO & Founder

The Troy Group

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Troy Industries Issues Statement Regarding Dick’s Sporting Goods Suspension of MSR Sales
Troy Industries issued this statement earlier today regarding the decision by big box store Dick’s Sporting Goods to abruptly suspend sales of Modern Sporting Rifles after the tragic shooting in Newtown, CT earlier this month.

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
CEO & Founder
The Troy Group

That is lawsuit speak.  What a dick move.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

DSG was making a few $$$ selling the rifles for $799 but the manufacturer Troy Industries can't make a profit by completing the sales of the same rifles through local FFL's ETC.

DSG and Troy are both guilty of dicking the gun buying public.

td who prepaid for a pair of Troy MSR's on Black Friday
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy Industries issued this statement earlier today regarding the decision by big box store Dick’s Sporting Goods to abruptly suspend sales of Modern Sporting Rifles after the tragic shooting in Newtown, CT earlier this month.

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
CEO & Founder
The Troy Group

That is lawsuit speak.  What a dick move.

Quoted:
Quoted:

DSG was making a few $$$ selling the rifles for $799 but the manufacturer Troy Industries can't make a profit by completing the sales of the same rifles through local FFL's ETC.

DSG and Troy are both guilty of dicking the gun buying public.

td who prepaid for a pair of Troy MSR's on Black Friday

Loss leader
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top