Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:18:40 PM EDT
Just got the notice in the mail––thanks to our State Assembly and Senate Democrats, our sales tax rate is increasing 0.35% statewide (in Clark County, it is going up to 8.10% from 7.75%) on July 1; state payroll tax is increasing; and the state business license fee due each year is going up to $200.  Perfect thing to do in a recession.  Those good ole Democrats sure are looking out for us
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It's for the children....

...and their children to pay
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, the Democrats (and a lot of Republicans) act like and have the mentality of children.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I now pay $100.00 per year State Tax for my business.

When this new "ILLEGAL" tax goes into effect I will have to pay $200.00 per year, per business license. I have four business licenses that I must have to allow me to operate.

Believe me, I don't want to do it, but I will probably have to raise my training fees.

Thanks libs....

MUTHAFUCKA!

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
More tax?

That's the last thing I want for our state to do it for us...

where is the money going ? all for some other bill out?? come out...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Strippers have to pay the increased fee too, so look for them to be hustling more and more in the clubs.

My wife is all bent out of shape about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if we'll have to pay additional fees for "special" business licenses as well.  I have to pay an additional $500 a year for the privaledge of sitting in an office.

Sales tax increases will definitely help our economy... that's the ticket. (end sarcasm)
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#7]
To top it off, the geniuses were trying to hack off the few agencies that MAKE money for the coffers, to save a few bucks.

out of

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, at least they didn't institute a "services" tax. At least not until a special session is called.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Gibbons did what he could, but the Libs took over after the last election

Don't worry, a state tax will be here soon
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, at least they didn't institute a "services" tax. At least not until a special session is called.

Yea, a service tax. Nice, real nice.

I just paid my yearly State Business Tax. When this bullshit tax law takes effect on July 1st, will I have to pay again, or will I have to pay the new tax when my taxes are due next year?

Thanks in advance.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The republicans that voted for the tax are being censured and basically told bad dog, no biscuit.  

They will be opposed in the primary election, and possibly a recall will be initiated against some of them.

Senate Minority Leader Bill Raggio  (Republican)
Sen. Randolph Townsend  (Republican)
Sen. Dean Rhoads  (Republican)
Sen. Warren Hardy  (Republican)
Sen. Dennis Nolan   (Republican)
Assemblyman John Carpenter    (Republican)

These guys need to be recalled or opposed in the primary election.  This is also going on in Nye county.

Now we need to move and start organizing for the next election.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Raggio is termed out, he couldn't care less that he sold out his party during this term.  How many of the other rhinos are termed out too?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The republicans that voted for the tax are being censured and basically told bad dog, no biscuit.  

They will be opposed in the primary election, and possibly a recall will be initiated against some of them.

Senate Minority Leader Bill Raggio
Sen. Randolph Townsend
Sen. Dean Rhoads
Sen. Warren Hardy
Sen. Dennis Nolan
Assemblyman John Carpenter

These guys need to be recalled or opposed in the primary election.  This is also going on in Nye county.

Now we need to move and start organizing for the next election.

LG,

Not that I don't know their party affiliations, but for those that don't know, could you post a letter next to their name?

Thanks.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would really like to believe this but I highly doubt Gibbons had any other way to make up for the lack of gambling this year and last to fund education.  I don't think he had much choice.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Aw shit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would really like to believe this but I highly doubt Gibbons had any other way to make up for the lack of gambling this year and last to fund education.  I don't think he had much choice.  

Not sure what you are talking about. The only power he has is the "veto". He did that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Big shout out to James Settlemeyer of AD 39 for voting AGAINST it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#18]
All of the people listed are republicans.  They need to get gone from office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top