Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:38:13 AM EDT
ok my family and i along with some friend were up on yellowjacket up in the blues by milton-freewater and we met this forest service guy up there abel garcia another extremely cocky forest service guy like the last one vance. but he was trying to tell us that a road we were driving was a trail. even though on a forest service map it calls it a road and has no trail marker or anything of the sort. he was also trying to tell use that we needed a atv sticker for the street legal dirtbikes we had up there. but if we had to have atv stickers for the bikes to go on trails why dont we need atv stickers for our trucks and cars that go up the trails ? although no ticket was issued.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
My experiance: You are allowed in the parkinglot with your motorcycles and trucks. If you go on the marked trails you need the ATV sticker. Not sure about unmarked "trails" in other places.

Class I = ATV like quads.

Class II = Car, Truck, Van, Golf Cart, Jeep, Dune Buggy.

Class III = Motorcycles.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
well Abel also explained to us the class system while he was there and said motorcycle was in class 2 and 3. but he also said that 4 wheelers or atvs are also listed under class 3 with the motor cycles which makes no sense ot me at all. and as for the "trail" it not unmarked it on the forest service map as a road but he claims it to be a trail so where can i go to get actual info ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Atv's are class I.

If you are on an offroad trail you need the ORV sticker.  

www.oohva.org should have all the information you need.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ok my family and i along with some friend were up on yellowjacket up in the blues by milton-freewater and we met this forest service guy up there abel garcia another extremely cocky forest service guy like the last one vance. but he was trying to tell us that a road we were driving was a trail. even though on a forest service map it calls it a road and has no trail marker or anything of the sort. he was also trying to tell use that we needed a atv sticker for the street legal dirtbikes we had up there. but if we had to have atv stickers for the bikes to go on trails why dont we need atv stickers for our trucks and cars that go up the trails ? although no ticket was issued.

arcweb.sos.state.or.us/rules/OARS_600/OAR_629/629_025.html

(8) "Designated Trail" means any route on state forest land, other than a road, designated for a specific use by the Forester, which has been cleared of debris so that it is suitable for travel by motorized or non-motorized means.

(16) "Road" means any facility on state forest land which meets the definition of "highway" contained in ORS 801.305, and which is constructed for vehicular traffic and suitable for use by conventional two-wheel drive vehicles.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

arcweb.sos.state.or.us/rules/OARS_600/OAR_629/629_025.html

(8) "Designated Trail" means any route on state forest land, other than a road, designated for a specific use by the Forester, which has been cleared of debris so that it is suitable for travel by motorized or non-motorized means.

(16) "Road" means any facility on state forest land which meets the definition of "highway" contained in ORS 801.305, and which is constructed for vehicular traffic and suitable for use by conventional two-wheel drive vehicles.

So, do log trucks need OHV stickers when operatin' off the numbered highways? Looks like the argument can be made that they do, according to the above info.

In answer to the first post, I have an OHV sticker on my truck, just in case. The price is cheap insurance against trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top