Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:48:17 PM EDT
I've been invited on a squirrel hunt in your state the first of March, I live in Nevada. Do I need a hunting license for them? I looked at the Oregon fish and wildlife site and it looks like I don't.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of squirrels?

That time of the year I'd have to assume squeakers, sage rats or ground squirrels.  

whistle pigs (ground squirrels)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I think for ANY hunting in Oregon, you need a liscense.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think for ANY hunting in Oregon, you need a liscense.

Unless they're considered pests though?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never heard of anyone needing a license to to shoot sage rats over in Eastern Oregon. But, it's still worth looking into.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Hunting Regs

ETA:  Check out definitions of protected and non-protected species on page 9, and the western gray squirrel hunt on page 88.  

I'm not sure about the legalities of hunting ANY squirrel anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been invited on a squirrel hunt in your state the first of March, I live in Nevada. Do I need a hunting license for them? I looked at the Oregon fish and wildlife site and it looks like I don't.
Thanks

Well as I buy one every year I never I never think about it. So, If you are unsure just buy one.

Sage rats can be a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top