Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:44:52 AM EDT
i should point out that i have never been in the store or range.  i work nights and live in manassas.  it is a pain for me to stay up that late in order to go somewhere when they open at 1000.  but i had to go to woodbridge anyways.  so i check their website for hours and directions.  and there is a note from 3/20 that says they are closed all week and will be open on saturday.  well seeing as how there was a saturday between then and now i figured i was safe.  but alas when i pulled up there was a sign up saying that it was closed through 4/1.  i wish they had details on the website as to exactly which days they would be closed.  i guess i will just have to stick to virginia arms for all my needs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
That blows.  I have a friend who swears by Shooters Paradise.  Say they are great guys.  I dont have experience much myself.  Only been once or twice I think.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No phone to use?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Curious.  I wonder if this has anything to do with that incident on the range a little while back.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Curious.  I wonder if this has anything to do with that incident on the range a little while back.  MJD

I would say it has more to do with their annual inventory.  I was in there on tuesday night, and the Gen. Mgr. told me they were going to be closed until this Saturday, while they conduct inventory.http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_shotgun.gif
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say it has more to do with their annual inventory.  I was in there on tuesday night, and the Gen. Mgr. told me they were going to be closed until this Saturday, while they conduct inventory.http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_shotgun.gif

yeah thats what the sign said in front of the store.  

shivan--based on what i saw online i did not think a phone call was necessary.  also i got to the store 10 minutes after it should have opened.  so i don't know if anyone would have been there anyways for me to talk to.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never had a problem at SP. I'm guessing the website is built and run by a third party, so if they change their schedule on the fly they will have no way of changing the web page at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I am not on the payroll or considered an employee, but I run the USPSA shoots there (it is a volunteer sport) so I care what happens to the place.

I will pass this along to the new owners/management to see if they can avoid it happening again.

RE website: Its hosted by a fellow shooter/computer guru who, due to family obligations (2 small rug rats/future gun owners/shooters) we do not see as often as we did; much of the web duties fall on a part timer who is always willing to listen & consider suggestions.   In the mean time, it might be best to give them a quick call.

Sorry you were disappointed; I know how you feel; last time I was there was the night of the "incident" - and I really REALLY needed to sight in for a match that was being held the NEXT MORNING! I ended up having to borrow a friend's rifle to shoot. Drove all that way for nothing. But - that one was not the store's fault.  Keep the faith & hope to see you at Shooters,

D.C. Johnson
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am not on the payroll or considered an employee, but I run the USPSA shoots there (it is a volunteer sport) so I care what happens to the place.

I will pass this along to the new owners/management to see if they can avoid it happening again.

RE website: Its hosted by a fellow shooter/computer guru who, due to family obligations (2 small rug rats/future gun owners/shooters) we do not see as often as we did; much of the web duties fall on a part timer who is always willing to listen & consider suggestions.   In the mean time, it might be best to give them a quick call.

Sorry you were disappointed; I know how you feel; last time I was there was the night of the "incident" - and I really REALLY needed to sight in for a match that was being held the NEXT MORNING! I ended up having to borrow a friend's rifle to shoot. Drove all that way for nothing. But - that one was not the store's fault.  Keep the faith & hope to see you at Shooters,

D.C. Johnson

maybe i will try to roll down there some morning after i have a night off.  but i will call first to make sure they are open.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Ummm... what "incident"?  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
SOme dude (an off-duty type person, I think) had a ND into his leg. Doh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy shit.  when did this happen?  How?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the thread w/ a full explanation.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=226990

Turns out it was a gun expert who ND'd into his leg.  By gun expert, I mean he was aparently a current active duty law enforcement guy and a combat wounded military vet.  Safety is (or should be) rule #1 for EVERYONE.

D.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is the thread w/ a full explanation.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=226990

Turns out it was a gun expert who ND'd into his leg.  By gun expert, I mean he was aparently a current active duty law enforcement guy and a combat wounded military vet.  Safety is (or should be) rule #1 for EVERYONE.

D.

Thanks for that.  I'm not going to resurrect that thread, but I will say that this reinforces a decision I recently made.  I have added a "blowout kit" and Quick-Clot to my range bag.  Its nothing big, but is enough to stop the bleeding of a gunshot wound.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Positive side to the story: there were no fewer than 3 military-trained combat medics who were trained in the proper treatment of GSWs who were present when this incident occured.  The person recieved excellent first-responder care immediately and the whole thing was professionaly handled.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Positive side to the story: there were no fewer than 3 military-trained combat medics who were trained in the proper treatment of GSWs who were present when this incident occured.  The person recieved excellent first-responder care immediately and the whole thing was professionaly handled.  

I personally know one of the medics who helped treat him.  He too said the guy was very lucky.  The guy had apparently been practicing drawing with his weak hand, had a piece of hot brass go down his shirt and was trying to get it out and covered himself with his own muzzle and bang.  The guy who had the ND works for US Treasury PD from what I know.

Sometimes if brass goes down your shirt you have to take the burn, you can't loose your mind and forget the gun rules.  Just last night at Shooters I was shooting my wifes Glock 32 and had one go down the back of my shirt.  It hurt like hell but I just dropped the mag and racked the slide open to slide lock and then put the pistol down on the shelf and got the brass out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top