Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:56:16 PM EDT
My buddy and I just got a Dillon 550 on ebay. looking into setting up for .45 initially and then get on .223,.40. Are there any good local places for primers/powder so I don't have to pay the hazmat charge.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
only place I know of that you can pickup reloading supplies in the RVA area, would be Greentop in Ashland area.

-- OJM
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Fiend,

Not necessarily in the immediate area but...

Mac's Reloads in Virginia Beach is a great guy to deal with.  He handles bulk, is a Dillon dealer, and hits most of the local shows.

macsreloads.com

Rick
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
DeGoff's used to carry dillon parts and reloading supplies,

not sure if  they still do
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DeGoff's used to carry dillon parts and reloading supplies,

not sure if  they still do

I'm not sure about the Dillion gear there, but they do carry powder, primers, etc.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Are DeGoff's prices any good?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are DeGoff's prices any good?

Last time I dealt with them they beat the hell out greentop's prices.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Degoff's keeps the bulk of there powder in the back room so if you don't see it you'll need to ask.  Powder, primer and bullets are about the same price at either GT or DG.  You'll see some differences in prices on guns but sometimes DG is higher and sometimes lower than GT.  If you go to GT ask to talk to Joe he's an older gentalman who has either done it or seen it done and knows tons about reloading.  By the way he use to work at DG.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Bob Moates Sports Shop on  rt. 360 carries reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I wait until TNT Reloading shows up at the Richmond Show. Their prices are far and away the best that I've seen. They're also online: www.tntreloading.com  IIRC
Mac's Reloading is also good, but is too far away for me. They used to come to the Richmond show,but have disappeared lately.
I haven't found any local shops that don't charge 20-30% more for powder and primers. Bullet prices are astronomical at most local shops. I generally pay under $17 per pound for cannister grade powders,  under $100 for kegs of surplus military powder and under $17 per thousand for most brands of primers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wait until TNT Reloading shows up at the Richmond Show. Their prices are far and away the best that I've seen. They're also online: www.tntreloading.com  IIRC
Mac's Reloading is also good, but is too far away for me. They used to come to the Richmond show,but have disappeared lately.
I haven't found any local shops that don't charge 20-30% more for powder and primers. Bullet prices are astronomical at most local shops. I generally pay under $17 per pound for cannister grade powders,  under $100 for kegs of surplus military powder and under $17 per thousand for most brands of primers.

Yeah wait for the Richmond show and TNT.   GreenTop is alright on bullets if you buy 5 boxes or more.   Before Speer started offering bulk Golddots I used to buy 5 -10 boxes at a time from GreenTop and get the 10% off.   Their powder/Primer prices suck though.    Online like powder valley works if you can get enough together.    Like ordering AA2230-C or Data Powder  for 223 reloads.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Degoff's keeps the bulk of there powder in the back room so if you don't see it you'll need to ask.  Powder, primer and bullets are about the same price at either GT or DG.  You'll see some differences in prices on guns but sometimes DG is higher and sometimes lower than GT.  If you go to GT ask to talk to Joe he's an older gentalman who has either done it or seen it done and knows tons about reloading.  By the way he use to work at DG.

Is this near the Richmond show? The Showplace I mean.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this near the Richmond show? The Showplace I mean.

Yep.   Degoff's is near the show place.    As you come off I295 coming from the West you bare right just after getting on 360E.   You go about 1/4 mile or so and Degoff's is a brick building on the right side of the road.    The road they are on runs parallelto 360E for about 3/8 of a mile or so.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top