Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 2:50:14 PM EDT
NJ folks who have converted or have had your mags converted for you,
how have they worked out from a reliability perspective?  are they as
good (feeding/dropping) as they were, better, worse, etc?

i am considering getting qty 6 of my 10 rnd'ers "upgraded" via
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=270181

thanks for any thoughts,
ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
PK90's mags are good to go.  I purchased a few from him and I had him convert the rest of my mags.  They all work 100%.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
PK90's mags are good to go.  I purchased a few from him and I had him convert the rest of my mags.  They all work 100%.  

+100 on PK90's 15 rounders!
Quick service, quality merchandise, and he's a nice guy too
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Another + for PK90's mags,  I have a pair of the standard follower mags and even though loading the last few rounds can be a bit fiddly (which I am told is fixed by getting the MagPul followers) they have worked 100%.

BOBO
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
no problems with PK90 conversions both the standard followers as well as the MapPul followers
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Another + for PK90's mags,  I have a pair of the standard follower mags and even though loading the last few rounds can be a bit fiddly (which I am told is fixed by getting the MagPul followers) they have worked 100%.

BOBO

You've got to shape the stud that projects downward from the follower. The corners have a tendency of binding on the hole in the floor plate if it isn't reamed just right. File the stud down to a pointy-ish profile and loading is a lot easier. This only affects loading the mag. Without the fix, loading the last four/three rounds is a hit-and-miss affair depending on where you apply pressure. Feeding from the magazine is not affected with or without the fix.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOBO

You've got to shape the stud that projects downward from the follower. The corners have a tendency of binding on the hole in the floor plate if it isn't reamed just right. File the stud down to a pointy-ish profile and loading is a lot easier. This only affects loading the mag. Without the fix, loading the last four/three rounds is a hit-and-miss affair depending on where you apply pressure. Feeding from the magazine is not affected with or without the fix.

Just drill the round hole in the center of the black block out to 5/16 (dont go any deeper, just larger).  No need to modify follower.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOBO

Just drill the round hole in the center of the black block out to 5/16 (dont go any deeper, just larger).  No need to modify follower.

no problems with  my (3) JoelK conversions
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NJ folks who have converted or have had your mags converted for you,
how have they worked out from a reliability perspective?  are they as
good (feeding/dropping) as they were, better, worse, etc?

i am considering getting qty 6 of my 10 rnd'ers "upgraded" via
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=270181

thanks for any thoughts,
ar-jedi

no problems with my (8) Brick Armory Conversions that I bought used on EE
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have heard only good things about PK90's conversions. Iwill be buying a few off him, when I go to pick up my SEBR.

^_^_^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top