Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:35:53 PM EDT
my membership just expired from the allegheny rifle club and i am looking for a new club that has somewhat reasonable rates. Im looking for anything decent within say a half hour or so from pittsburgh

so far i am thinking about given the McDonald Sportsmans club a try, 80 dollars first year and 600 yard range,

lastly does anybody have any information on Reed range and the 30 cal league? i would be willing to drive there for a 1000 yard range but i really cant find any information on the range? is it only for compititions or is there open usage availible
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Come check out Coraopolis Sportsmen's club this Sunday (see PGH Shoot thread somewhere below).  We only have a 100 meter outdoor range, but there is a 24 hour indoor pistol range.  

McDonald has a nice club too (longer range and they have lots of organized matches).  

Millvale Sportsmen (just of I-79 in Wexford) has a very nice 200 meter rifle range, and is worth a look.

There used to be a website for Reade Range and/or the Western PA 30 Caliber League with photos and rules and all that stuff, but I don't remember the address.  Maybe you weren't spelling "Reade" correctly.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i should be able to make the shoot on sunday, and i found out about reed range, membership is 25 a year and as long as they do not have a match the range is open,

its kinda a hike but it may be worth it for a good 1000 yard range

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
www.greaterpghgunclb.com/
They have a "tactical range" there if you like shooting and moving. A make shift building for shooting into or out of windows, around corners. Its not a dedicated shoot house, or even close at that. Not really a smart idea to be using a 360 degree feild of fire even if your there alone, its where it looks like they had stripped mined a long time ago with about 40 feet of ground above you all around. Thats also the full auto range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top