Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 8:46:36 PM EDT
Looking to buy My second XD45 but this time in 5 in tactical...

My local gun shop has it for $570 but i can probaly haggle him to $550 Out the door... GT-$550

PDHSC has it for $489 + tax, but they are also 90 miles away so + $30 for gas.....  GT-$555

Gunbroker has some $525 shipped, FFL transfer is $20..... GT-$545

Last option, I seen it on Base at the PX for $525 tax free, i live right next to MCB Camp Lejune. problem here is im not a marine but have plenty of friends who are but dont know how it will work under my name and all..... GT-$525

Now the first 3 options are all going to run me about the same, what would you guys do?

Support local shop, get it the cheapest, what.......
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy it local.  If they have been good to you in the past, and they will take care of you post-sale, I'd save the hassle.  Add on to the cost of the gun at PDHSC that you'd have to spend five hours in the car.  

I have no idea how the PX shop works, but I'm guessing that it would be a no-no.  Someone else buying it for you is bad ju-ju.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess someone could buy it (in their own name) at the PX.  Then, you and the other party could conduct a face-to-face sale/transaction as long as you have a pistol permit (or CCW) that complies with your county's regulations.

Lex
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can't have someone else purchase it from the PX as that would be an illegal  straw purchase. Just find a local gunshop that has one and support him.

I disagree.  A "straw purchase" would be an example of purchasing a gun for someone who cannot legally buy one.  This purchase would be tax evasion at best.  However, I'm not a BATFE agent, nor do I play one on TV

I do agree that you should support your local gunshop and buy it there.  The price difference of $5 is really negligable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellas, looks like Tactical Aplications Group (local shop) is getting my buisness.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Straw purchasing is anytime one individual purchases a firearm for another (except as a gift).
BATFE Cartoon

You got way to much sun the other weekend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have delt with Danny at Eds in Newport, I would be willing to bet if you haggle a bit with him he'd give you a fair deal.

PDHSC is great too, I just bought 3 pistols from him 2 weeks ago.

Flatwoods sucks, so dont go there

TAG is cool, gettin their SOT from what they told me, But for ordering or having one on hand?

If you catch that Chic at .. what is the shops name in Morehead? I forget, but she runs good deals from time to time too.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have delt with Danny at Eds in Newport, I would be willing to bet if you haggle a bit with him he'd give you a fair deal.

PDHSC is great too, I just bought 3 pistols from him 2 weeks ago.

Flatwoods sucks, so dont go there

TAG is cool, gettin their SOT from what they told me, But for ordering or having one on hand?

If you catch that Chic at .. what is the shops name in Morehead? I forget, but she runs good deals from time to time too.

Yea, I like the guys at TAG. they WANT to help you, and they have alot of TactiCool gear there. Body Armor and Firearms. Hopefully I can haggle them down to $550 out the door, insted of $570 + tax.... we'll see
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up the last xd45 service from PDHSC this morning.

They said they're lucky to keep them in stock for 6-7 days at a time.   More on the way!

They have mags there too.

Lex
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If you go to the Charlotte show next weekend..........look up the guys and girl and the Village Pawn and Guns table................you can haggle the price with them. Guy I worked with got one at the last show for $485. But now I'm not sure if it was the 4" service model or the 5" tactical.
Look those guys up...........they will work with you. And the girl teaches the concealed class for them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#12]
PDHSC is a great shop to deal with if you're in Raleigh.  Raleigh's big enough that you could come up with a few reasons to come into town to make it worth the trip.  90mi is only ~2hrs round trip plus they have decent prices on lancer ammo if you want to pickup 500 rds.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#13]
lol I just guess about the 90 miles away thing, just looked it up

Distance: 135.0 miles Approximate Travel Time: 2 hours 59 mins
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you checked with Flatwoods between Swansboro and Jacksonville right off Hwy 24. They may not have it in stock but might be able to get it at a reasonable rate.

Jason
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
BATFE Cartoon

Yeah, that was good for a couple of chuckles, but I'm more of a Bugs Bunny fan myself
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Have you checked with Flatwoods between Swansboro and Jacksonville right off Hwy 24. They may not have it in stock but might be able to get it at a reasonable rate.

Jason

Yea, its only 5 miles away from my house, they can get it for $547 + tax. I have a Membership there too, being its the closest range. when im not pissing my neighbors off im there...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Jason

That dude SUX!!!!
if you dont believe me ask him about FA stuff one day, and see what he says

Hell, he dosent even like arfcom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top