Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:20:22 PM EDT
The electronic scoring targets on the 200 and 300 yard ranges look pretty interesting. I have a 6.5 creedmoor Tikka bolt gun that will be finished soon that should be fun out there. Stupid quarentine has me rebuilding guns that I dont shoot much and spending money
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:13:06 PM EDT
Latest update:

The Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex is anticipating opening with limited access to rifle and handgun ranges in mid-to-late May. Access to the complex will be allowed by appointment only. More information to come about the process for making reservations.

That is all the information I have for now.  I will let you know when I have any more.

Stay safe,

Lynne Hawk
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:01:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2020 8:10:03 AM EDT by HDGator]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trekgod3:
Latest update: 

The Palm Beach Shooting Sports Compl­ex is anticipating opening with limited acces­s to rifle and handgun ranges in mid-to-late May. Access to the complex will be allowed by app­ointment only. More information to come about the process f­or making reservations.

That is all the information ­I have for now.  I will let you know when I have any more.

Stay safe,

Lynne ­Hawk
View Quote

It would be nice to actually see them open...

I was surprised with the email pointing to late May.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2020 10:44:54 PM EDT by HDGator]
New email today. It looks like they are still targeting a mid-late May opening with limited access to the rifle and handgun ranges. As they said in earlier emails, It looks like they're going by appointment only.
More to follow.

"We anticipate opening the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex with limited access to rifle and handgun ranges in mid-to-late May. Access to the complex will be allowed by appointment only. More information to come about the opening and reservation process.

Lynne Hawk
Regional Hunter Safety Coordinator
Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission
8535 Northlake Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33412
(561)625-5122         (561)625-5139 fax"

ETA: More info here: https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/palm-beach/range-details/
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:01:03 PM EDT
Great news!   and about time!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:12:27 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Acedraven:
Great news!   and about time!
View Quote

I have a new AR Pistol that I need to zero and I'm hesitant to take it on the first trip.
I'm thinking a long rifle for the first trip to get rules of the range. I'd hate to create angst in the new staff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:24:52 AM EDT
Opening late May......of 2063
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:19:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2020 5:20:14 PM EDT by flashooter]
Its finally happening. Range is opening

The Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex

This range is opening with limited access to rifle and handgun ranges beginning Monday, May 18 by appointment only. The range will be open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only. This facility will operate at 50% capacity with a one-hour time limit per participant and only one person per lane is allowed.

To make a reservation, call 561-512-0285 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/palm-beach/range-details/
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:44:41 PM EDT
More details on the opening in an email update from FWC I got this afternoon:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:25:07 PM EDT
Bring tape or self adhesive targets. No staples or tacks allowed, for whatever reason...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:33:58 PM EDT
Don't see anything about range rules....rapid fire, rifles or shotguns that need stocks,  all the stuff markham bans....
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:45:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:12:33 PM EDT
Anyone shoot opening day today? Range report!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:12:01 PM EDT
1 hour limit? Geezus by the time I unpack rifle(s), set up targets, ammo, spotting scope.... I barely have time for one round of hot range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:52:51 AM EDT
I think the one hour rule is just coronorule.  should be more normal after virus/scam over.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:31:05 PM EDT
I went and used the range today for the first time. First off it is a very nice facility. All of the staff were nice and they ran a safe and fun range. No “range nazis” were seen today. Follow the simple range rules and you are fine. They make you watch a 15 minute safety video if it is the first time using the facility. It only needs to be done once and you are given a range card. The only thing open now are the pistol and 100 and 200 yard rifle ranges. The electronic scoring equipment is not installed in the 200 and 300 yet ( I was told the equipment is not even in the country yet) and the RO didn’t know when it would be fully operational. The ranges are being operated at 50% capacity for covid-19 precautions.
Couple things I didn’t like was the reservation system as it is now. I called 10 times over a 2 hour period and could not get through. I finally drove over there and met the guy at the gate who assured me that were answering phones, but wouldn’t let me make an in person appointment. I called again from the gate and got through. For being so busy on the phone, every time slot had openings for the day I wanted to go. There is also the time limit. Range is limited to one hour, however they are only enforcing that if there are people waiting. We shot for an hour and a half before being asked to pack up because people were waiting. Someone else told me that shot for three hours and was never asked to leave. It depends on the crowd. There is also no prone allowed. The benches are super sturdy though so that is good. There is a shooting test to be able to use the 200 and 300 yard ranges- you must put 3 out of 5 rounds in a 6 inch circle at 100. Very easy depending on what you are shooting. For now you can use the 200 Is open using paper targets only. I asked about the 300 and was told they are considering opening that with paper only as well but that has not been decided yet.
Last thing— the road headed to the range is in terrible condition right now, made worse by the downpours we got here all week. Get ready to have your fillings rattled out of your teeth. I know paving the road has been brought up to the county but that is probably years out.
Overall great experience, I’m glad it’s right down the road and plan on being a regular and getting more lead down range again.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

My “range test” target of 5 rounds.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top