Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2011 2:24:54 AM EDT
i want to get started in sbr rifles, and supressors. i however do not know of any gun shops that carry these weapons/ accessories. i want a shop i can go to and finger the rifles, and supressors, to see what i like and dont like. i also want a shop, that can help my get the proper paperwork done, and help me out if i have any questions. possibly tell me of a attourny to go to, who knows how to do the trusts etc... HELP !.... also, i live in western kentucky, so a shop between paducah, and louisville would be my preference.. thanks !!
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I typically see cans for sale at retail locations but rarely see complete SBRs. I think in the AR world the usual SBR is built by the end user.  I would check with Rex (c3man) on this board. He was very helpful with questions and I think I heard a rumor that a lawyer in Lex is now doing trust for NFA. Lex really isn't between Pad and Lou but it's not the otherwise of the country either. Good Luck and welcome to stamp collecting. I started with a SBR last year and now have three stamps pending as I type this. It worst than BRD.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Rex is the man you need to talk to.
BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505

Last time I was there, he wasnt in..  He only works there part time doing the NFA stuff. He's got a lot of good suppressors & an SB's 10/22 unless he already sold it..
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505

Unless he has moved his shop this is wrong.

His storefront was at the "buds guns" in Paris which is now smokin guns.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505

Oh yeah.. Mah bad.. He's still there though

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]

I don't know how these guys are but I know they sell the things you are looking for http://www.kygunco.com/index.cfm

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505

Oh yeah.. Mah bad.. He's still there though

I'll recommend Rex as well. He will do all the paperwork by mail, so you only need to go to Lexington to pick up the suppressor once the form is approved, unless you need/want to handle/look before you buy one.

He will probably post in here and you can just IM him for more info.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the recommendations!

Buck,I sent you a PM.Let me know what I can do for you.I have everything in Paris and you are welcome to come up and fondle any of the cans I have there.I should have some of the newest stuff on the market hitting the door soon too.I can do everything in the mail which actually works out well.A trip every couple of months isnt that bad..lol. Its just 15 minutes off the interstate at exit 113 due east from Lexington.You only have to come up to get it.
Rex
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]
4115 Lexington Road,Paris 40361
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for c3man

Buck, I have got two cans from Rex and need to get on my third.
You won't be disappointed with his services.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Also Lotus Gunworks is getting some factory SBRs for Knights, LMT and Rock River. Shouldn't be long before they have them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I typically see cans for sale at retail locations but rarely see complete SBRs. I think in the AR world the usual SBR is built by the end user.  I would check with Rex (c3man) on this board. He was very helpful with questions and I think I heard a rumor that a lawyer in Lex is now doing trust for NFA. Lex really isn't between Pad and Lou but it's not the otherwise of the country either. Good Luck and welcome to stamp collecting. I started with a SBR last year and now have three stamps pending as I type this. It worst than BRD.

TWP - Any additional contact info on the trust attorney?
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
you may also want to checkout www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/  they are located in Louisville. He is class 3 and can do pretty much anything you want.  He usually has some SBRs in stock to be sold, but can also build rifles to whatever specs you choose. He does really nice work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#13]
KyGunCo is actually Keene's Depot in Bardstown, Kentucky. Patrick is fair to deal with and keeps everything you are asking about in stock, at the store. Across the road from My Old Kentucky Home in Bardstown, Kentucky.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TWP - Any additional contact info on the trust attorney?

I will check and post back findings....
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't know you were on here!

OP, I can't say enough good things about this guy. Only one I'll do business with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know you were on here!

OP, I can't say enough good things about this guy. Only one I'll do business with.

Ditto! In spades!

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Not the best selection, right now, but Jason Sheppard is Class III and can thread about anything.

http://www.shepsworld.com/
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Another +1 for C3Man (Rex)

Bought my first one from him, went so well I got into stamp collecting!!

They guy has no taste in cars though, so you are forewarned.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They guy has no taste in cars though, so you are forewarned.  

You are fuuuuunnnny! lol...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]
This is a tag, with a particular interest into the "trust" route of doing things (both out of personal interest, and for coworkers).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top