Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2004 7:38:01 PM EDT
there seems to be plenty of us that love to shoot, lets do it!  how about a central location and a meeting time?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good, where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
st. helens, north of portland
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
yall oughta invite the Washington guys
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in if it's on a Saturday. ( I work Sunday.) I'm over in Forest Grove. I know of two great quarries in the coast range that are Tannerite friendly. Brown's Camp and another one west of Timber between Highway 6 and 26 but would be willing to go a bit south or east to shoot with other folks.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
a saturday would be best for most folks i guess.  washington residents supply all the ammo.  the more the better.  im thinking the 24th of aug.  anybody else want to come play?
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, now i feel like a jackass, i was looking at july instead of august.  the weekend of the 21st.h.gif
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep us informed, I'll probably be a go.   Have a buddy with a C3 Thompson and multiple FALs,  I could see if he's interested in showing up.... Tommy guns are alot of fun...
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If you guys would like to do it on Saturday the 28th that would be great; I'd probably be there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me in.
If I can that day off.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]
the 28th then?  i dont know where the best place to shoot is, some more feedback on a location and we'll try to set something up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The 28th would be great. Brown's Camp has a nice size quarry for shooting with almost 200 yards to the back wall on the second level. Another quarry with a little more privacy would be the one west of Timber off S. Louisignont Rd. (Can provide map to Timber Quarry or can meet at Highway Junction 26 and 47.) Both are nice spots.

Bang

Brown's Camp Quarry

S. Louisignont Rd Quarry

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd check with any troopers in the area before making this the area to go to.  I've had some talks with the local troopers up in the hills around Molalla and they are fine with shooting there as long as you dont leave garbage.   Some areas are closed to shooting, Browns camp is a popular OHV area I ride at several times a year, I'm familiar with the area but not the particular quarry.   Is this far enough away from the OHV's that we can safely shoot?   If we get a firm date I'll talk to the buddy with the C3's.   Of course anyone shooting it would likely need to bring some factory loaded .45 so we dont burn up his.   He's pretty good about letting folks enjoy his thompson.   No guarantees of course but I'll ask him if he's up to going along and sharing the fun.  Let's firm up a date and location a couple weeks in advance.   A good meeting place that's easy to find would help.  Maybe one of the little restraunts or the store just before browns camp?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The OHVer's and the shooter's get along ok up there. This is a very popular shooting spot. Have been going there for about four years now with no problems. A lot of riders stop by to watch and it's a great way to introduce new people to shooting that might not have an opportunity to do so otherwise. As I have said both places are full auto and Tarrerite friendly with the Timber quarry having more privacy if that's what you want. Most Troopers or Forest Sevice folks if asked will send you to these spots. Either place would be great for a Hometown Forum shoot.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#14]
that sounds like a good place.  bang, since it sounds like you know the area, can you suggest a good place to meet?  lets plan on the 28th.  10am?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool, maybe I'll bring along the 686 Raptor and introduce arfcomers to quads  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The road to Brown's Camp and the quarry is about one mile past the Washington County line on Highway 6. It's on the left as you head west toward Tillamook by the Road Maintenance Shop. We can meet there and for any late comers after you turn left off Highway 6 you take a right at the Tee in the road. Then take the next right toward University Falls. You go down hill and over a small bridge. Then back up and at the Y stay to the left and at the next Tee take another right and it's on the left just past the trees. Use cannel 13 if you have a CB.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
If this happens, try not to shut it down too early. I probably wouldn't be able to get out there till~noon or so.

Nick (y'all wait for me, 'k?)
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
ok.....brownscamp, aug.28, 10am.    i hope we can get a good group together.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good. Might want to post this over at Highroad.org and get some of the eastsiders to show up.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Just double-checked my sched.-have an all-day class on the 28th, so I won't be able to make it, the rest of you have a good time, and don't forget to post pics!

Nick
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]
If I make it I'll be the guy in the Red Isuzu trooper.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Somewhere up around here?

I'll be there too.

One question though. Can a car get back in there, or are we talking about trucks only?

-Chris
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Also, is this pretty much an arf.com shoot or should we be inviting folks from other boards too?

BATTLERIFLES

FALFILES

GLOCKTALK

etc.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep that's about where it is. I'll scan a Forest Sevice map sometime this week and get it posted. Cars have no problems up there. The roads are kept in good shape for the loggers. And I don't mind if other folks show up.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Cool, I'll make some posts on a few other boards then.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
yall oughta invite the Washington guys

Invited
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#28]
you oughta invite the  www.warrifles.com  boy's  lots of Pacific North West guy's hanging out there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Directions:
Traveling on HWY 26 W take the left exit for HWY 6.  Travel ~18.9 miles to the turn off for “Browns Camp/Rogers Camp Trailhead” on the left, the road is next to a ODOT gravel station (this will be ~.1 miles after mile marker 33 going west, there are at least 2 signs for it, one is after mile marker 34).  Next, follow the paved part of the road to the right (Saddle Mountain rd.  Travel 0.7 miles and then veer right onto University Falls rd (there will be a sign for University Falls and Stagecoach Horse camp – follow it.  DO NOT follow any more signs to University Falls or the Horse camp – continue 0.7 miles on this road until you come to a T intersection.  Turn right on to Beaver Dam rd and the Gravel Pit will be immediately on your left.   Good shooting – boB
PS – To follow the law you need to have in every motorized vehicle the following:
1. 1 gallon of water or a 2 & 1/2 lb fire extinguisher.
2. 1 shovel with a 8 inch blade and is at least 26 inches long.

Do not concern yourself with OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) stickers or spark arrestors unless you plan on traveling  on the OHV trails.

hope this helps

Ilike9s

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd think it would be easier to meet at the rogers camp staging area as it's right off the hiway.  From there a group could drive directly to the site.   I suppose someone should have an ARFCOM sign at a staging area to help guys find each other?  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I can do it. See ya all there. And ya can't miss my truck. Look for the blue Ranger.

Bang

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I suppose someone should have an ARFCOM sign at a staging area to help guys find each other?  

I'll see if I can come up with an old sign from work and get arf.com on it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#34]
So is the Rogers camp area the meet up or Browns staging area?  If browns I'd suggest the paper plate signage to the site.  Anyone unfamiliar with the area might have a tough time navigating up there.   I'll check and see if I can obtain some more tannerite for the occasion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#35]
If we had everyone meet at Brown's Camp they might as well just go to the quarry. Just as easy to find. So just look for my truck when you first turn off Highway 6. I'll be waitng there.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey booniestomper, you started this thread, are you going to make it up there next Saturday? Anybody have a rough idea how many people we're looking at?

Bang
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#37]
unless something catastrophic happens, i'll be there.  it should be fun.  target suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Any interest in a short notice group buy of tannerite?   If so, I'll be calling for some Monday afternoon but absoloutly NO BSing on this.   I'll order and pay for it and would NEED the payment on Saturday to cover it.   I'm not rich by any means and cannot afford a bunch of this stuff but I figure we might get a break on shipping or maybe a couple bucks off for a few cases.   Definitely worth buying even at full price and if you have film cans you can use alot less by making mini tannerite targets, still way cool.    Anyhow the price is $98 per 20 targets, I dont remember if it includes shipping but it isnt much anyhow as he's also in OR.   I'd also be willing to split a case if there's interest.   I know it's short notice but I think it'll make it in time.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#39]
20 targets, is that a case?  i don't know anything about tannerite, but i'm willing to learn.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Might be able to do a half case. But won't know till Monday and it will be after 6:30pm before I can post a reply. Let's say I can do 5 targets for sure. And I can let you know about the other 5 after 6:30.

Bang

If you IM me a phone number I can let you know for sure Monday am.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#41]
SCREW IT! My B-Day is 9/11, that's right 9/friggin'11! Put me down for a half case. Happy early B-Day to me!! No BS I'm good for it and see on Saturday. IM me if you want additional info.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Alrighty then, so far I'll get a case and split with ya unless someone else chimes in for more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I already have containers for the dark messy stuff from my last order so dividing it up should be easy.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
target suggestions?

Ahh, let's see beside the Tannerite clays, watermellons, maybe bottle caps come to mind. Whatever you think you can hit! Almost anything can be fun. While I have seen this place from very clean to very very messed up, anything we pack in we should be prepared to pack out! So if ya think you're going to be bringing a car as a target remember it has to go back with you.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Any campgrounds nearby? I'm doing some elk scouting/ bear hunting in the timber area this weekend also and might stay out a while.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#46]
There is some just outside Timber. A bunch up and down Highway 6.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Mr45auto, did you get the Tannerite ordered? I love that stuff!

Bang
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#48]
It looks like I'll be there. 10 AM on the 28th? Jakes going to a concert so I'll have to shoot up my ammo all by myself...

I'll kick in for the Tannerite if it shows up.

I was there last week trying out my new Kimber ( sweet ) and it was pretty trashed. Lots of metal junk so us blind folk can tell if we hit anything.

Hopefully I'll see you there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
If we had everyone meet at Brown's Camp they might as well just go to the quarry. Just as easy to find. So just look for my truck when you first turn off Highway 6. I'll be waitng there.

Bang

any idea how long it takes to get to the hwy 6 turn off from olympia, wa?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#50]
2 hours to Portland + 40 minutes or so.

In an IH Scout you might have to leave Thursday...  :-)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top