Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:29:58 PM EDT
...I hate to post & dash but there is a new gun store here in Lilburn.  It off Arcado with a puny yellow stick in the ground sign w/ an arrow saying "GUN STORE"--->

Anybody know the story on the shop or owner?

They close @ 6:00 so I gotta dash to catch them before they close.

I wonder if I walk out empty handed or with something I can't live w/o?

7mm
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
need AAR...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, how was it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Only Two I know  about over there are Mainstreet and Blacksheep Contender. Mainstreet usually does RK shows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Only Two I know  about over there are Mainstreet and Blacksheep Contender. Mainstreet usually does RK shows.

It was Mainstreet.  

I got there as they were starting to break down the gun displays for a road trip for a GUN SHOW in Augusta.  From what I gathered the 'showroom' is just a very small part of the whole business.  Like maggie said they do RK shows and over half of their business is done at the shows.

The usual pistol suspects, Kimber,  Glock, Springfield, Sig, S&W  both new & used.  Rifles were AK varations, SKS & other military bolt guns (sorry my gun knowledge is weak there).  Some built AR's some lowers for FAL, AR, AK.  Saw some UTG acs. but little else for the AR-at least on display in the small showroom.  

They're minuntes from my shop so thats a plus since Bernies is now an Air Soft/Consignment shoppe.  They have limited showroom hours, Mon-Thur 10-6 and it looks like they close on Fridays to pack up for the road trip to the next show.

I'll go back when I have more time.

maggie where is Blacksheep Contender?

7mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys failed to mention a great gun store in that very area.

Chris @ Mr. Pawn is located on HWY 29 just behind the Wendy's.

He's easy to miss if you don't know where he's located.

He's a C3 and typically has a great inventory of new and used guns.

BTW: I've also done a little bizz with Jim @ Main street Firearms. He's also a class act.

TD
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
7mm-08
Where exactly is this shop?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You guys failed to mention a great gun store in that very area.

Chris @ Mr. Pawn is located on HWY 29 just behind the Wendy's.

He's easy to miss if you don't know where he's located.

He's a C3 and typically has a great inventory of new and used guns.

BTW: I've also done a little bizz with Jim @ Main street Firearms. He's also a class act.

TD

Dooh!

Chris is a good guy.  I'll stop by his place talk some & fondle some the long guns.  I picked up an 870 Police trade in w/ a 28" blue barell & a parked receiver a while back.  Still looking for a 'cheap 10/22' from his place but no luck yet.

Mainstreet is on Arcado between Lilburn Industrial and the traffic light at North River Drive.  Driving from Hwy 29 its on the right in a office park that faces Arcado.  My interweb fu is weak but I did get the lat long of their location from Google.  Just plug in   33.890577,-84.112718   into Google Maps & that should point you there.

7mm

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I must have passed that place hundreds of times and just noticed it the other day as well.  You have to keep your eyes peeled for a small yellow sign stuck in the side of the road.  They look like they have a nice selection of stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The card sez: Blacksheep contenders, 75 arcado rd., ste A , lilburn , 770.381.5550.
Never been there, they do some RK shows also.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]
1+ for Chris at mr.pawn

good guy

bernie's "was" a really nice place,too.

need to go in there and say hi to maria

need to check out those others.

clown

Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
1+ for Chris at mr.pawn

good guy

bernie's "was" a really nice place,too.

need to go in there and say hi to maria

need to check out those others.

clown

Ah yes Maria made going to Bernies that much nicer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#12]
a little reminder ..... maria isnt there on the weekends ............ gotta be a weekday to see her
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top