Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:01:01 AM EDT
my sister brought my nephew down to visit and to learn about "farm" life. so monday, i loaded both of them and the youngest boy up and we went to a creek down the road. first time the nephew had been.

he got frustrated with the rod/reel situation, so i went old school and set him up with the cane pole i was using. after giving him the basic lesson, he got 3 bluegill. my sister caught the cutest little bitty channel cat and my youngin caught a bluegill and a crappie. although i was running back and forth helping them, i managed to get one a good day!

always good to be there to start them on the right foot.

i'll try to remember to steal the picture from her camera before they leave tomorrow.

**got 'em, finally. my sis isn't much for taking pictures, i guess.**

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
ATTA-BOY.  There are not enouph people in the world that will take the time to teach a kid the finer things in life.  Some of my best memories have been of me and my dad on a creek bank fishing.  That little dude will have fond memories of that day and of you forever.  Good show Posi.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
my sister brought my nephew down to visit and to learn about "farm" life. so monday, i loaded both of them and the youngest boy up and we went to a creek down the road. first time the nephew had been.

he got frustrated with the rod/reel situation, so i went old school and set him up with the cane pole i was using. after giving him the basic lesson, he got 3 bluegill. my sister caught the cutest little bitty channel cat and my youngin caught a bluegill and a crappie. although i was running back and forth helping them, i managed to get one a good day!

always good to be there to start them on the right foot.

i'll try to remember to steal the picture from her camera before they leave tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
did you show him how to clean it, build a fire and cook it on the stick?

I can remember my family getting together to go fishing, hell we live a stones throw away from the lake, but we'd all camp down by the water, fish, drink and cook out, and when we caught enough fish, we'd clean'm and fry'm up.

when my kids were small, we'd go fishing all the time, they liked the hell outta catching perch, playing with minnow and crawdads.

they also liked hunting, my oldest really enjoyed sicing the dog on downed squrrels.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
did you show him how to clean it, build a fire and cook it on the stick?

I can remember my family getting together to go fishing, hell we live a stones throw away from the lake, but we'd all camp down by the water, fish, drink and cook out, and when we caught enough fish, we'd clean'm and fry'm up.

when my kids were small, we'd go fishing all the time, they liked the hell outta catching perch, playing with minnow and crawdads.

they also liked hunting, my oldest really enjoyed sicing the dog on downed squrrels.

hopefully, pics are up. sorry it took so long. having issues with my computer.

didn't get as far as cooking them. we didn't have much time. maybe i can get him here again this summer to make progress on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top