Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 164
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't tell ya, I have no idea. It was going somewhere east of the MA/NY line, thats all I got.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
That's a very odd tank, M26 Pershing hull with a Sherman 75mm turret. wonder if its one of the ones on the way to Collings Foundation in Stowe? I doubt it  though as that was never in the Littlefield collection.
View Quote

I wonder if it was mocked up for a movie set.
German cross and all
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cavgunner:

German cross and all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That's a very odd tank, M26 Pershing hull with a Sherman 75mm turret. wonder if its one of the ones on the way to Collings Foundation in Stowe? I doubt it  though as that was never in the Littlefield collection.

German cross and all

There is an armor museam in ct, ny, and nh too.

Might had been going to the museam at Quonset point too
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By matthardcore:

View All Quotes

German cross and all

Definitely not going to the one in Danbury, I've got a long history with them and now that their owner was shot and killed by the Police avast year, they are in no position to be buying anything. Pit is possible I could be going to the Wright Museum in NH, in fact that's the most likely. There's a company that does armor restorations commercially in MA too. What museum in NY? You mean the one out on Long Island?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Long history- what are you not telling us?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nutter:
Long history- what are you not telling us?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

That's what Nutter is referring to
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

German cross and all

Definitely not going to the one in Danbury, I've got a long history with them and now that their owner was shot and killed by the Police avast year, they are in no position to be buying anything. Pit is possible I could be going to the Wright Museum in NH, in fact that's the most likely. There's a company that does armor restorations commercially in MA too. What museum in NY? You mean the one out on Long Island?

That's what Nutter is referring to

I understand, not sure what he's getting at though. The museum has a connection to my friends and family going back to its creation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Got_Guns:
My 4yo getting a pedi. Definitely got cuter toes than cav

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/20131109_151255_zpsxvihu2t2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/20131109_151255_zpsxvihu2t2.jpg</a>
My thrown at St Francis Hosp...
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/20131115_102955_zpseerrkd09.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/20131115_102955_zpseerrkd09.jpg</a>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iirs3sjip81lntb/20131115_102955.jpg

My 7yo first time with the ak at camp 98cobra

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/20140413_121008_zpsdkyruxiu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/20140413_121008_zpsdkyruxiu.jpg</a>
My bugout bag

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/bugoutbag_zpsqnck6ifq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/bugoutbag_zpsqnck6ifq.jpg</a>
A cute little plum I found at the farmers market at st fran
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/20130905_134821_zpsbspgni0f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/20130905_134821_zpsbspgni0f.jpg</a>
NE air museum with the kiddos<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/20120828_122822.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/20120828_122822.jpg</a>

Me and my old man hunting bird in VT
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/got_guns/media/PB240007.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/got_guns/PB240007.jpg</a>
View Quote

nice bug out bag
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Just asking what the connection was, no offense meant.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Thought it was pretty clear, John gut drunk, got into a domestic with his love in girlfriend and the police shot and killed him last year. Now that he's gone the museums future seems a bit unstable. They are in no position to be acquiring new vehicles, not to mention they haven't acquired a new vehicle, much less one that needs that much restoration work, in the better part of twenty years.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Thought it was pretty clear, John gut drunk, got into a domestic with his love in girlfriend and the police shot and killed him last year. Now that he's gone the museums future seems a bit unstable. They are in no position to be acquiring new vehicles, not to mention they haven't acquired a new vehicle, much less one that needs that much restoration work, in the better part of twenty years.
View All Quotes

That's too bad both for the people and the museum.   Plus that big museum in Cali going away.

As mentioned, there are new museums popping up.   The one at Sikorsky and the one at Quonset point for example.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]

That's too bad both for the people and the museum.   Plus that big museum in Cali going away.

As mentioned, there are new museums popping up.   The one at Sikorsky and the one at Quonset point for example.

View All Quotes

I'm not familiar with the Quonsett Point one, I'll have to look into it. There is also the new Museum of American Armor in Long Island.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Not what I was asking! I was asking what your connection to the museum was/is
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe blackhawk101 worked there for some time before he fent to florida. The danbury musem that is.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:17:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 98cobra] [#16]
Yumm

DA BEARS in the front yard

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 98cobra:
Yumm
<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/98Cobras/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140530_125557.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/98Cobras/Mobile%20Uploads/20140530_125557.jpg</a>

DA BEARS in the front yard
<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/98Cobras/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140605_201437.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/98Cobras/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140605_201437.jpg</a>

View Quote

Damn, thats a big guy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn 98 is that in wolcott or NH?

My neighbor told me that a big bear was on her deck trying to get to the cat food in her kitchen. She said it was big but I didnt rhink that big.

Guess I should rethink the steak necklaces that I made for all the kids.lol
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#20]

My neighbor told me that a big bear was on her deck trying to get to the cat food in her kitchen. She said it was big but I didnt rhink that big.

View Quote

Wolcott! Mama bear and 3 cubs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

WHEN?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pic 98cobra!

I actually just had a momma, and 3 cubs go through my yard a few weeks ago.

3 days ago I had a double RED tagged male go through my yard.  I was walking with him-literally 2 ft away from him for about 10 mins.  Later I looked up the tag colorings-RED means aggressive FYI

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Cav, About two weeks ago.

I was on my driveway one night and she came outside and told me to be careful because the bear was on her deck a few minutes prior. She said it got stuck climbing the gate to get back off the deck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Nice pic 98cobra!

I actually just had a momma, and 3 cubs go through my yard a few weeks ago.

3 days ago I had a double RED tagged male go through my yard.  I was walking with him-literally 2 ft away from him for about 10 mins.  Later I looked up the tag colorings-RED means aggressive FYI

View Quote

Doesn't that mean one more tag and he is put down ? Like a 3 strike rule ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder what the range of the bears are? I've seen a mama with a few cubs go through the wooded side of my yard. I'm just a few miles north in Burlington.
Mike
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Cohiba-  Didnt know that, but thats a shame  I'd be aggressive too if someone was about to shoot me with a tranq dart so they could fondle me and pierce my ears to hang bigass plastic earings off of me too

Mike-yea I saw these 4 on the edge of simsbury/avon...kinda close to 44, so that isnt TOO far from burlington.  And actually up through bristol and your in wolcott......so that is an interesting question.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeScouter] [#27]
Cohiba-  Didnt know that, but thats a shame  I'd be aggressive too if someone was about to shoot me with a tranq dart so they could fondle me and pierce my ears to hang bigass plastic earings off of me too

Mike-yea I saw these 4 on the edge of simsbury/avon...kinda close to 44, so that isnt TOO far from burlington.  And actually up through bristol and your in wolcott......so that is an interesting question.
View Quote

Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area is just down the road. They actively manage the bear population.
Mike
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Came through last Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I bet they were the same bears
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Bendovah, getting that close to a wild anything is dangerous

And nothing sez  dangerous like a mom bear with cubs

I'll be keeping an eye out for that clan when I'm out with muttley

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavgunner] [#31]
NOT my ass hanging out of the passenger side door at an Alabama coal plant

Me and my minion prepping a chemical tank in NC

Chem tank lift in Georgia
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy fucking monkey wrench! haha
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Yea I like to live dangerously  I could actually smell the bear I was so close.....and I actually have the video on my phone(I'll post it up tomorrow here)
But I know its very risky.  I like animals dangerous or not, so its hard to not take advantage of a chance to get that close to a wild bear.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Yea I like to live dangerously  I could actually smell the bear I was so close.....and I actually have the video on my phone(I'll post it up tomorrow here)
But I know its very risky.  I like animals dangerous or not, so its hard to not take advantage of a chance to get that close to a wild bear.
View All Quotes

You would fit in with the wolcott crew haha
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Oh well in that case you shoulda just reached over and scratched his nose with your Cheeto yellow cheesy fingers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Holy fucking monkey wrench! haha
View Quote

As big as that thing was we still couldn't get the pipe bung outta the top of that tank

Wrench outweighed Minion BTW
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Work today, small fire

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Ooohhhh strong men with big hoses....yum
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Awww, thanks sweat heart

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

And sweaty too...
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By firepolock:
<a href="http://s737.photobucket.com/user/firepolock/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140611_173319_721_zpsxdxbvaki.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx16/firepolock/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140611_173319_721_zpsxdxbvaki.jpg</a>

View Quote

Sliders?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:57:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conndcj] [#43]
1st attempt of a Reece Rifle years ago:

My only AK.  Arsenal milled:

Beretta AR70, Benelli M1014, Beretta BM-59

The Man;

Humidor;

Before I knew any better:

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, they were pretty ghetto.  They're gone now since the room was destroyed in a flood and rebuilt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#46]
My humidor looks section 8 compared to yours.

knowing your license plate im sure there is some tasty treats hiding in there
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#47]
CCF SS Raceframe:

Brick oven lobsters:

Mmmmm...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Law school graduation gift from my uncle.

You know  CBS IX is June 21st, right?  Come on down....for once.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By conndcj:

Nice stuff
Love the lobsters
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By firepolock:
Work today, small fire

<a href="http://s737.photobucket.com/user/firepolock/media/IMG_20140610_161847_821_zpskxregplk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx16/firepolock/IMG_20140610_161847_821_zpskxregplk.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s737.photobucket.com/user/firepolock/media/IMG_20140610_045940_zpsxgwr4qnv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx16/firepolock/IMG_20140610_045940_zpsxgwr4qnv.jpg</a>

View Quote

FP
That's more flame than I saw on my shift. All I had was a campfire from a pair of sneakers in the middle of the road at 3:45 this morning.

Worked today on the union hall. We bought an old fire house from the city that has not been used in 40 years. we are just finishing the renovation work. This is a custom door that I built for the hall. I have been redoing all of the original woodwork in the hall. Our union offices will be moving here in the near future.

CONNDCJ

Looks like you need me to design a custom display for your rifles!

kicking back now with some Sazerac rye.

Mike
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top