Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:16:54 PM EDT
Getting gusts of 50mph here in beaver dam I heard a horrible ripping noise went outside and a section of the metal on truss just below the roof ripped off and is banging on The roof and i can see a section of shingles jumping with the wind . House is on a corner with just open field on The other side of the street so the house is getting the brunt of the wind. Yay gonna have some cleaning up to do in The morning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Was pretty nasty here in J-ville an hour or so ago.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, some streets have been shut down here in Eau Claire, due to downed power lines.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW, it was windy up here in Wis. Rapids last night as well.  I heard a bang and crap hitting the house while playing WOT.  It was a branch hitting the roof.  While letting out our dog, I noticed that the cover to my daughters sand box is missing.  I guess I know what I'll be doing later.

Kim
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it was nasty too in Appleton. That cold front sure wasn't stealthy!

I live in an old house converted to upper/lower apartments and these single pane windows aren't worth much when it gets like that. The toilet paper was flapping in the breeze from my bathroom window!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a couple of branches down in the yard, about wrist sized.
I had my son bring them in and break them up to put in the wood burner.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Made a nice road trip around the state yesterday, from Point, to Portage, to Beaver Dam,and back. Was 40 when we left, and 12 when we got back. It was pretty darn windy from Beaver Dam to Point.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was pretty nasty here in J-ville an hour or so ago.

Last night it got really bad over here on the westside.

The snowshovel that was leaning against my garage is sticking out of my windshieldJK (I hope it's not)

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, it was garbage can mating season out on the streets last night here in West Allis.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
And now other cold temps are here . My sump pump tube keeps freezing up . Normally I have it run about 50 ft to a ditch but had to cut it down to 5 ft just enough to get it to The down grade to run away from the house any longer and The Damn thing gets frozen solid . I'm not having good luck with the house this week it seems.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top