BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:29:11 PM EDT
because of rain/floods. That's gonna make life interesting
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!

My last month in Minnesota, it rained 28 out of 30 days. It was long heavy rains like we are getting now. I went downtown St. Paul to the Science Museum and there is a cotton house from before the turn of the century down on a small island in the middle of the river. I looked out the window and all I could see was the chimney sticking out of the water. God bless the drought!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
does that mean we are really done with the drought?

I will answer my own question within my post...Looks pretty close to me.

Lake Lanier Water Level
1,065.32 FEET
Sunday, September 20, 2009
  10:15:00 PM
Level is 5.68 feet
below full pool of 1,071.00
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
According to http://www.georgia-navigator.com/closures they have closed I-20 East between mile markers 20 and 30 due to flooding.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
In other reports several Half-fawns were found.  No one was killed as of yet.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to go out on a limb and officially declare the drought over and the lake full pool. Remember you heard it here first folks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb and officially declare the drought over and the lake full pool. Remember you heard it here first folks.

Funny part is, the lake is close to full, but my inlaws neighborhood IS full.  Flooding, Power outage etc
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

NO.

This rain is just a drop in the bucket when you look at all of the yearly rain deficits added up.
Also, the areas east of I-85 (except for the Toccoa area) have not received the copious
amounts of rain others have gotten... the drought ain't busted.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO.

This rain is just a drop in the bucket when you look at all of the yearly rain deficits added up.
Also, the areas east of I-85 (except for the Toccoa area) have not received the copious

Get out of here with your facts and logic, they have no place here. The drought is over! Leave your garden hoses running 24/7!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO.

Get out of here with your facts and logic, they have no place here.
The drought is over! Leave your garden hoses running 24/7!

LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]
It has rained here for the past 7 days from either a little to a lot. I have everything ready and prepped to paint a jeep and i am can't do it with this humidity. it looks like another 5-7 days before i can clear this project from my garage......who hoo!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top