Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:20:46 PM EDT
I was planning on buying a couple double stars but with this new DOJ decision it doesn't look like I will be able to build them into a real AR...

worst comes to worst can I still build it as a fixed mag?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

worst comes to worst can I still build it as a fixed mag?

Yes!!  And it's still better than FAB-10, Vulcan, and the CA LEGAL CARBON-15.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
it would suck to have to register a fixed mag AR.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be interested to see what they say about a .22LR rimfire rifle with 10 round detachable mag on these lowers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Except you don't have to register those.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it to build a FABforgery.  Or buy it and store/build it out of state.  Every responsible California gun collector should have at least one out of state storage option.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You definatly want one or two.  Since you are the one who builds it, you are the one who knows how to turn it into a real rifle when you shoot out of state or when the SHTF.  
You'll kick yourself later if they get really banned.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except you don't have to register those.

And that's where the whole thing falls apart. IF the Bushmaster was legal for sale in California because it was a fixed mag, then fixing the mag of these current ARs should meet the same requirment. Except they are saying you HAVE to register them because they are AWs, but that you can't have evil features. If that were true, than fixing the mag would not remove the fact that it was an AW, since you still needed to register them, but if that were true than anyone who owns the Bushmaster fixed mag models are now felons for having the receiver, irregardless of it's features.

There in lies one of the major flaws of the new "regulations". It's all BS, and a scare tactic. Besides, even if this was just a stall to tie it up until it got resolved, at least you got a fixed mag lower for ~$150 instead of $400. That saving alone pays for all the parts that go to the lower itself.

In my opinion, buy as many as you want, and I am calling the DOJ's bluff and saying that once registered there will be no difference between there receivers and SB23's receivers; because guess what? They are registered under the same penal code of the law. There is no way to say "This rifle, banned by name because of SB23 is ok, and this one isn't".
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Like is was said above, if you ever go shooting out of state you can bring it with you and still enjoy a true ar experience. I travel to NV and AZ a lot and was originally planning on buying a FAL to bring along. My new ar will make a fine replacement.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Why does everybody insist on building fixed mag nonsense.  Just make sure the pistol grip isn't screwed into the gun and you can use your preban high caps.  I, for one, would much rather have that ability than it all decked out with "evil accessories" and stuck with an internal 10-round like an sks.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Bravo Paul. I too am staying the cause. I've never backed down from a fight, I'm not about to start now. I will vote for pro 2nd candidates over any other issue, always. If there is a class action suit to fight this latest DOJ bull, then I shall do my part.

This IS California and it IS my home. IMHO, The anti's are "foreign occupiers" that are doing their best to destroy my home. They've managed to influence their way into control of the state. Rather than blindly say I will leave this state for a better one, I am not up for giving an inch of ground to the Anti's. I'm not going anywhere. I challenge out of state gun owners to MOVE HERE and increase the "US -v- THEM" ratio.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well … with in the code of conduct rules yes, every Californian needs an AR-15 weapon - fixed magazine or not.

At a surface level I am more than pissed off about this and a whole lot more things about the whole California lead in firearms banning and the violations of our Second and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution. We are American citizens and have certain inalienable rights – GOD given – among them are the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

The Bill of Rights equal protection clause is exactly applicable here. All citizens of these United States have the right to keep and bare firearms. Not to keep and bear firearms that aren’t too small, aren’t too big, don’t have a pistol grip … the death by a hundred cuts that the damned progressives are inflicting upon us. Disarming us is the best and most effective way to enslave us (George Mason) – not a slavery of chains but one of dependence upon the state for our very self defense. Self defense is a given right and can not be taken away by the will of the progressives.

Having a fixed magazine AR-15 is just two minutes away from having an unfixed one.

I’ve got plenty of rifles that are still permitted – the Mini-14, M1, M1A, and other but damn it the AR is my favorite. Keeping my skills up ten shots at a time with a pinned magazine will keep me sharp enough to be more than dangerous as a free man. If I will it, I can return the weapon to United States standards – after California returns to US standards.

We’re not going to get any help from other gun owners. Look at how the rank and file here slam the state at every chance they get. They hate California and everything that it is with their heart and soul. Many want us to just die. Most don’t want Californian’s in the country at all. Outside of the gun owners – the other boards I frequent – there is not the hate that the people here have for us.

It’s up to us. It’s up to you, it’s up to me, to do all we can to support the cause of fighting for the return of our God given freedoms. Each of us needs to support (that means money!) the organizations that represent our views (that means the CPRA, GOA, and NRA though the later two seem to be more interested in our money than our freedom) and to support political candidates that vote (not just spew a line) in our favor. Despite what you hear in the General Discussion from the pimple faced experts California was within something like 4.5% of swinging conservative in the Presidential election. There are more conservatives in California than 48 of the other 49 smaller states.

Pauls the man!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still buying one..or two either way :) hopefully i turn 18 before they ban that sh!t though.
-Jon
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]
It was almost really predictable that the DOJ would put up a fight.  They're going to have to be dragged out of a court room kicking and screaming.  We know what the law is and we've continued to show them.  This latest legal memo will be no exception.  There is NO provision in the law for different "tiers" of assault weapons.  A firearm IS or IS NOT an Assault Weapon.  Ultimately we WILL prevail.

In the meantime, continue to follow all regulations and register firearms as required by state law.  Remember even with a screw in the mag release these are still the best thing that's happened to California in over six years!  The are fully operational rifles with one exception: there is a screw in the mag release or a pistol grip removed.

I am confident that we will come out on top of this but in the meantime stay cool, DO NOT talk to the news media, and keep your eyes on calguns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bravo Paul. I too am staying the cause. I've never backed down from a fight, I'm not about to start now. I will vote for pro 2nd candidates over any other issue, always. If there is a class action suit to fight this latest DOJ bull, then I shall do my part.

This IS California and it IS my home. IMHO, The anti's are "foreign occupiers" that are doing their best to destroy my home. They've managed to influence their way into control of the state. Rather than blindly say I will leave this state for a better one, I am not up for giving an inch of ground to the Anti's. I'm not going anywhere. I challenge out of state gun owners to MOVE HERE and increase the "US -v- THEM" ratio.

best post i have read in a long time. bravo to you and paul! you can count me in as one on your side. i own a house in NV also and i am still not leaving. if we all run and cry to another state soon there will be nowhere left to run. if you are not willing to fight for your rights than you disgrace every man and woman who died to give you those rights.

last for those from other states who laugh at the misfortune of californians wait till it happens to your state and see how much help you will get from us. dont be surprised when you get the same type of responses you gave from those you laughed at. silly me i thought we were all americans not californians against all other states.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We’re not going to get any help from other gun owners. Look at how the rank and file here slam the state at every chance they get. They hate California and everything that it is with their heart and soul. Many want us to just die. Most don’t want Californian’s in the country at all. Outside of the gun owners – the other boards I frequent – there is not the hate that the people here have for us.

It’s up to us. It’s up to you, it’s up to me, to do all we can to support the cause of fighting for the return of our God given freedoms. Each of us needs to support (that means money!) the organizations that represent our views (that means the CPRA, GOA, and NRA though the later two seem to be more interested in our money than our freedom) and to support political candidates that vote (not just spew a line) in our favor. Despite what you hear in the General Discussion from the pimple faced experts California was within something like 4.5% of swinging conservative in the Presidential election. There are more conservatives in California than 48 of the other 49 smaller states.

Paul,
It pains me to see how th libs have carved up the gun owners into Camps.
The libs have played out this divide and conquer thing over and over, and over.
The out of state trolls that always work their way in here to say "move" "cut and run" "you should live in a free state"
Its discouraging to know and see the obvious, that what happens in Cali, spreads like cancer, Slow And Deliberately.
I wish these anti-Californians would take the time to think about what will eventually happen in their state if they refuse to stand with us now.
Its not about new York, vs Texas, its about our Constitution, and the trampling on it by the libs.
By he time the other States wake up, they will be just like us Too Late.
Like George Bush said, You are either with us or against us, if you are against us, you to will fall.l
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top