Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2005 5:31:29 PM EDT
At a show or pawnshop call the authorities and let them know someone is in posession of a stolen shotgun.

For a reward I will gladly take you to my favorite resteraunt for fine food and beverages

This saiga 12 gauge is easy to recognize. Finish is moly resin flat greyish black similar to earlier colt AR's. It has an ace folding stock, rubberized aftermarket US pistol grip, tapco galil hand gaurd and a flash hider/brake welded in 4 places equidistant. It also has a homemade U shaped retaining plate at the end of the hand gaurd used to keep the hand gaurd in place.

Even more you can see underneath that the trigger gaurd is tac welded on either in front or the rear or both(cant remember).

serial # 01417108

This shotgun was in a soft black "assault" case and contained 4 8 round mags in the pouches.

I will greatly appreciate it if you remember the description on your trips to shows etc.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Brian,
  I will be at the goodman's show on sunday.... I will keep my eyes open for it, on tables or if someone is walking around with it....

COLT!
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Im going as well and will be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
i will keep an eye out for it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll keep checking my closet in hopes it shows up there somehow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]

thanks for keeping a headsup guys.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Brian,

Do the police send out alerts to the local shops at all?  I'm going to One Shot tomorrow, and probably Target World also.  I was going to print this thread and drop off copies while I was there for you.  What's the contact info for the PD handling the case?

I might try to find that shop in Milford also.  I'm on a hunt to see if anybody has any 69g Sierra matchkings before I hit the range after the show this Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Brian,

Do the police send out alerts to the local shops at all?  I'm going to One Shot tomorrow, and probably Target World also.  I was going to print this thread and drop off copies while I was there for you.  What's the contact info for the PD handling the case?

I might try to find that shop in Milford also.  I'm on a hunt to see if anybody has any 69g Sierra matchkings before I hit the range after the show this Sunday.

I dont know if stolen gun #'s go out to shops or not but Id imagine a shop would run the #'s before it took one in from a stranger. The person in charge of the case is Detective Kuhlman and he can be reached at 937-748-3249.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a few pawn shops on Salem around the corner from  work. I ought to get off my lazy buttttt at lunch and go have a look.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is a few pawn shops on Salem around the corner from  work. I ought to get off my lazy buttttt at lunch and go have a look.

Where abouts off Salem do you work, I used to work for Satan(Rent-A-Center) on Salem, up by the mall.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I will also be on the lookout,I am in Cincinnati,I keep a lookout in shops and at the range,also watch the Trading post guys.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where abouts off Salem do you work, I used to work for Satan(Rent-A-Center) on Salem, up by the mall.

Directly across the street from the common Goodman Gunshow entrance (Wyler).

As of approx 30 minute ago, I cruized LEV's  and I think it is "Cash To Go Pawn", both on Salem, nothing seen but some old pump guns, and some handguns at both places.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for looking Hal. I bet some meth head has it and is rolling around in his ride showin all his buddies his new glock.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Directly across the street from the common Goodman Gunshow entrance (Wyler).

As of approx 30 minute ago, I cruized LEV's  and I think it is "Cash To Go Pawn", both on Salem, nothing seen but some old pump guns, and some handguns at both places.

What at the car dealership?

I think there was a pawn shop across form the hospital off of third, it's been a while since I've been in those neck of the woods, roughly 5yrs
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Johnny:

Have seen and admired your gun over on the saiga board. Where was it stolen from?
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you spread this info to the paw/gun shops in the area too?? Might be a good idea if you do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Shooter, long story short: I went to get coffee at the gas station before work and left my truck running while I went to get coffee. I came out and the truck was gone. Police found the truck later that day parked in a nearbye city. The guns that were in my locked toolbox in the back were all there except for my shotgun.

So basically I lost my shotgun, wallet, digital camera and keys.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you spread this info to the paw/gun shops in the area too?? Might be a good idea if you do.

I havnt called anyone yet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One Shot, Shooters Supply, and Target World have the info.  

And not a one of them had any 69g matchkings.  Guess I'll have to wait till Sunday
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One Shot, Shooters Supply, and Target World have the info...  

How did they get the info?
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the tack shotar.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Just printed out a few copies of your post and gave it to them.  The guy at Target World seems to think that it's already in Chicago
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#25]
This just sucks. Sorry about the theft.
I LOVED that shotgun!

Bob
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just printed out a few copies of your post and gave it to them.  The guy at Target World seems to think that it's already in Chicago

Remind me to give you a beer hard cider at Craigs

I wonder what makes the guy at target workd think the shotty is in chicago?
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what makes the guy at target workd think the shotty is in chicago?

+1

(We're all looking, Bro.  If it can be found, we'll find it!)
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Keeping an eye on Cleveland-area shops, pawns and hotspots for this piece.
Ya never know.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Keeping an eye on Cleveland-area shops, pawns and hotspots for this piece.
Ya never know.

Thats true. You never know. Thanks for keeping it on your watch
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#30]
update: The detective working on the case called me at work today and said the guy who has been stealing cars was in custody but not being cooperative. I told the detective to call if he needed anything and to call me if he made in progress with prosecuting the guy.

Im glad they got him. I hope he spends some time in jail.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#31]
JME, did you get your other firearms back from the Po Po?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
JME, did you get your other firearms back from the Po Po?

Yes. Everything except for the shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
perhaps they are using it as an "interrogation tool"

didn't it have a homemade "pointy" flash hider?

I surely hope they are

The hider was professional made. Not homemade
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
SORRY!

No offense taken

I believe one of our local staffers even has an apple core hider
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top