Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 3:31:32 PM EDT
I bought a walter p22 from a oklahoma ar15 member . drove 4 hours round trip drive pay $5 bucks toll road FEES and gas And payed FAIR market for gun. pistol has a lot of issues and blow up in my face did hurt me or gun but that is not the point. WHAT SHOULD I DO? WALTHERS SENT ME TWO NEW MAGS NO QUESTIONS ASKED. AND LOTS OF DEMEL WORK IT IS FIXED it will shot cheap 22's loads now
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, contact the seller, and see what gives.....

Other than that, damn, dont really know what to say, but yes I would be peeved.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't buy a truck from 1shott DODGE him on that issue.
Man I had to 1shott.

Seriously though I would contact the seller and talk with him. You did a FTF so I'm guessing the pistol looked sound and went thru a function check for you.
I'm confused did you find something that makes you think it will blow up or it did blow up. You said it didn't hurt the gun so im just wondring what happened.

Let us know what happens if he had any knowledge of problems or Whats going on.
I hate getting screwed on guns It has happened to me so I know how you feel.
If you think he has intentionally done it you should report it to site staff and all of the members so hes not allowed to continue doing it here anyway.
ANYTHING mechanical can malfunction or break so It could just be bad luck.
Robert aka DODGE DESTROYER OUT

edited: i took out my big spill on ammo and my experience with bad reloads your dealin with a22
Sorry i dumbassed out on that one. Dodge=BAD regardless
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
first off guy says he only shot 4 clips of 22 long rifle in the handgun. I ask him staight up does the gun cyle ok. He said yes but after he put a drop of oil on the ramp. The guy was amost shaking when we meet. I tought it was because he didn't know me but I know now it because of his POS gun he sold me. Most 22'S have a little more break in that most other guns because of recoil of the side. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL HE SHOT 40 SHOTS OFF WITH THIS HANDGUN AND DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A REAL  PROBLEM. Mags miss feed bad fixed most of the problems but are still not fixed. BARREL bushing keep coming off and the screw that holds frame and barrell keeps coming loose I blue loctite both of them hope that helps fix that. The guns all so has a light strike problem. I was shooting Remington 22lr not cheap crap. one bullet stoped in the barrel the next bullet hit it and i was hit in the face with hot powder . I was wearing saftey glass and ear plugs I was not hurt barrel is fine all so.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had all the same problems with my )22, except the round stuck in the barrell.

Some people say problems are related to ammo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
i try cci stingers and velocitors/ federal/ remington and winchesters maybe walter handguns just suck
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i try cci two types stingers and velocitors/ federal/ remington and winchesters

Mine never got any better either, when I sell mine Im going to say it has issues and tell them, they can decide if they want to mess with it from there
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I just can not do that to some one i will just eat the $200 bucks
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I will not smire his name two wrongs don't make it right
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]

The Walther P22 is a POS. I posted pictures of my disintegrating P22 long ago. Others did too.

Then all the people with flawless P22s chimed in.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I hear walters has some better mages they will trade for old ones is that true
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hear walters has some better mages they will trade for old ones is that true

There are the mags that havve #xxxxx-A on them.  I got 3 problems with all of them
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
walthers is sending me two new mags to try. I my p22 likes 60 grain sniper sub sonics and mini mags and stingers hope latter to load it lighter. hope mags fix most of my problems with this pistol. if not walthers said they will replace it for free and paid for shipping
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
That sound like problem solved.
Glad to hear their trying to make good on a weapon that obviously has had some problems.
Good luck
Robert
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I contacted S&W about the problems with mine and they sent me a pre-paid shipping label and instructions on how to ship it back to them for repairs. A week later it came back and has been fine ever since.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top