Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2013 6:58:15 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has any good fishing holes near Harrisonburg i havent had much luck since i moved here

also i do not own a fly rod nor do i know how to use one.

also i will not be using power bait and ruining any of the suggested locations
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of fish are you targeting? That will help narrow it down a bit.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/index.asp   plenty of good information on public areas on this site.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks,

I'm mostly looking for anything that I can catch in this area, so I guess bass ant trout?  I grew up saltwater fishing but I really don't the first thing about freshwater fishing.  I will check out the DGIF website thank you for posting it
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The Shenandoah river has awesone smallmouth bass fishing.
Many mountain streams for the trout. Check the trout stocking information for the area on DGIF website.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]

check out Mossy Creek Fly Fishing

the shop is in the Kroger shopping center. they know all of the best spots and they are THE local experts!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks armedsuspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top