Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:30:21 AM EDT
so, if your reading this you prolly know that judge noonan refuses to issue unrestricted pistol permits. just letting people know that last week i went into the permit office to reggy a new pistol and the lady told me that noonan decided to re-issue unrestricted permits to holders that have had it for more then 5 years and have had zero issues.

my unrestricted CCW permit should be in my hands in less then 2 months!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
awesome

I wish I could have gotten it in Onondaga county, my employer ever wrote a nice long letter detailing why I should have one, if only for work purposes.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Now if other judges would pay heed......
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now if other judges would pay heed......

noonan has always been pretty far left. I remember the day i went to hand in my application they wouldn't even accept it because i had CCW personal defense written on my app as reason for obtaining. so to see him finally open up the doors to CCW is a huge step IMHO. I think you might see this being the new trend for following counties.

normally the lady said it would only take a few weeks to get the amendment to go through and have it issued to me, but she said theres been 100's and 100's of amendments filed now that he opened  it up so process time is taking longer.

keep your fingers crossed guys, this might be the start of something good in NY!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
NICE! Here are my permits...

Yes, thumb print blacked out too...Just in case (tinfoil hat on).
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats.

I've had my carry license for a few years now out of Livingston County.  

HK FTW!!!! suck it you glock sickophants!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
lol i live in bergen....anout 1/4 mile from churchville...and in churchville they are monroe..and monroe OLY issues unrestricted permits. figure that one out!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol i live in bergen....anout 1/4 mile from churchville...and in churchville they are monroe..and monroe OLY issues unrestricted permits. figure that one out!!!

Yup. When I got my fingerprints taken in downtown Rochester, the female Monroe County sheriff deputy HIGHLY encouraged me to apply for full carry, and not target/hunting. "Why not?" she said, "You will be granted whatever you apply for...and this way you can go anywhere you want with your gun."

Pretty great for a semi-major NY city.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the heads up screen name

i know they are going to the credit card style permits.   is it only after a 5 year term they are reissuing the unrestricted CCW's?  

i may call the office today and find out.  thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
thanks for the heads up screen name

i know they are going to the credit card style permits.   is it only after a 5 year term they are reissuing the unrestricted CCW's?  

i may call the office today and find out.  thanks

yup, you have to have your permit for 5 years with zero issues. only then are you safe enough to be able to carry the baby killing machine you were so entrusted with years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top