Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:15:49 AM EDT
guy's wife here at work just called from tuscumbia sp? and said that gas just went up to 3.00 a gallon and should be going up here in the morning.

just a heads up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to see what could happen if I really tried, I filled up my truck on July 30 to see how long I could go without filling it back up again. This is the daily driver to work, grocery store, church, etc.
I'm currently just below half a tank.

I told my wife at lunch today that we need to invest in a 4-cylinder, 5 speed Honda Accord or Civic.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The damn Bush administration needs to get off it's butt and investigate the hedge funds and arbitrators driving up these prices. The speculators are the reason. The ragheads are selling us oil at the same price as 6 months ago. Oops forgot, Jorge and his Veep are oilmen. Read a study the other day that said speculators and hedge fun people are causing oil to be overprices by $30 and it's true market price is $30.

The old taxpayer and American citizen getting screwed again
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The damn Bush administration needs to get off it's butt and investigate the hedge funds and arbitrators driving up these prices. The speculators are the reason. The ragheads are selling us oil at the same price as 6 months ago. Oops forgot, Jorge and his Veep are oilmen. Read a study the other day that said speculators and hedge fun people are causing oil to be overprices by $30 and it's true market price is $30.

Price of oil in February '05: $51 a barrel
Price of oil today: $63.25 a barrel

Price of oil once adjusted for inflation:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Price of oil in February '05: $51 a barrel
Price of oil today: $63.25 a barrel

Price of oil once adjusted for inflation:

www.chartoftheday.com/20030827.gif

Uh, I was referring to the price the ragheads sell it to us for, not the price increase due to speculators. The Saudis are selling it at the same price as 6 months ago. The entire increase is due to hedge funds and speculators. For instance, the old senile king of Saudi Arabia died and the price jumped. Hurricane in Gulf and price jumps. All the jumps by speculators. Saudis did not raise these prices. It's the futures market. Simply requiring anyone buying  futures contracts to take possession would drop the price back to $30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top