Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2011 7:48:47 PM EDT
This looks interesting...
A2 or A1 length fixed stock. No other info available, sorry. I don't even know who makes it yet, but it will be out "soon".

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Care to expand on the picture? Who makes it, what's it cost, what type of reciever extension does it use etc.. I will say it looks somewhat interesting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for more info.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tag for more info.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]

All I'm getting is a red "X".
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

All I'm getting is a red "X".

I can see it fine.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Here you go guys:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/01/19/efx-a1-stock-boring-name-interesting-stock/
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Its manufactured in CT....costs like $80.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here you go guys:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/01/19/efx-a1-stock-boring-name-interesting-stock/

Thanks for the link

-Sloped Cheek Welds
-A1 Length
-Several webbed sling attachement points
-Dual sided QD Cup insert included
-Huge Storage Cavity
-Overmolded rubber buttpad

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
This looks like a good design for those stuck with fixed stocks.  I personally can't stand A1 or A2 stocks but love the SOPMOD.

I wish they would make a version of this that used carbine buffers and springs, though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownells has them in stock, but are out of A1 kits.

Would this A2 kit work minus the spacer? Scrws the same length? Can't find just the A1 screw on brownells?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27315/Product/AR_15_M16_STOCK_COMPLETION_KITS

-J
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This looks like a good design for those stuck with fixed stocks. I personally can't stand A1 or A2 stocks but love the SOPMOD.

I wish they would make a version of this that used carbine buffers and springs, though.

+1 on this

It seems like such a simple concept...

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This looks like a good design for those stuck with fixed stocks. I personally can't stand A1 or A2 stocks but love the SOPMOD.

+1 on this

It would not be possible. How would you secure the stock body to the carbine buffer tube?

UNLESS... someone could make a rifle length buffertube that is blocked off (yet not heavy) so as to use a carbine buffer and spring...
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

It would not be possible. How would you secure the stock body to the carbine buffer tube?

UNLESS... someone could make a rifle length buffertube that is blocked off (yet not heavy) so as to use a carbine buffer and spring...

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

Exactly

If only somebody sold some sort of STOCK SPACER that would allow you to use a car buffer\spring in a rifle tube...

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

Exactly

If only somebody sold some sort of STOCK SPACER that would allow you to use a car buffer\spring in a rifle tube...

Even better.  Figured something had to be floating around out there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

UNLESS... Someone could make a rifle length buffer tube that is blocked off (yet not heavy) so as to use a carbine buffer and spring...

Exactly

Yeah. A spacer would make recoil stouter and more pronounced. Definitely a good idea .

I mean, rifle length gas and stocks are just way too smooth and controllable for me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

UNLESS... Someone could make a rifle length buffer tube that is blocked off (yet not heavy) so as to use a carbine buffer and spring...

Exactly

Yeah. A spacer would make recoil stouter and more pronounced. Definitely a good idea .

I mean, rifle length gas and stocks are just way too smooth and controllable for me.

You must be the guy that doesn't bother to read the entire thread before posting.

I'm the other guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this

Exactly

You must be the guy that doesn't bother to read the entire thread before posting.

I'm the other guy.

Thought I did. Maybe I missed something.

What I thought was that members were wanting a fixed stock with carbine length buffer/tube. Guess I should read the whole thing.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What I thought was that members were wanting a fixed stock with carbine length buffer/tube. Guess I should read the whole thing.

Yes.  When I am using a middy or carbine gas system I don't want a rifle buffer and spring.  I want a carbine spring and the ability to adjust the buffer weight for proper function.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This looks interesting...

A2 or A1 length fixed stock. No other info available, sorry. I don't even know who makes it yet, but it will be out "soon".

reminds me of the RRA Operator:

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Just received mine last night from STAG Arms and I am very pleased. Quality is a great, seems like a very durable polymer and the storage compartment is a nice feature.

I paid 90+shipping for the stock "kit" which included the tube, spring, buffer, screw etc...

-J
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, I might need to pick one up. 90 from Stag direct?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#24]
http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_28&products_id=373

I was directed to STAG by the owner of MAGS when I called about buying a stock.

-J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top