Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
Will mothballs ward of snakes/keep them away.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Is a frogs ass water tight?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. Especially if you catch them, then shove a few up their ass. They'll crawl away and die someplace else!
Seriously, that will keep a lot of varmints away but doesn't last. Someone told me planting hemlock on the borders of the house will also keep away insects and varmints. It will definitely last longer.
My wife's grandpa - a good man - used to dig a trench around his house every year and laid Boraxo in the trench. He swore up and down it kept termites away from the house. After he died and we settled his estate, the house didn't pass a termite inspection. It did have significant termite damage. The Boraxo probably worked for a little while, but not long enough.
I would use moth balls in a pinch but I wouldn't count on them for doing the best possible job.
Get some guineas. They'll get the ticks and sandburrs out of the yard and kill any snakes that come slithering up!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes. Especially if you catch them, then shove a few up their ass. They'll crawl away and die someplace else!
Seriously, that will keep a lot of varmints away but doesn't last. Someone told me planting hemlock on the borders of the house will also keep away insects and varmints. It will definitely last longer.
My wife's grandpa - a good man - used to dig a trench around his house every year and laid Boraxo in the trench. He swore up and down it kept termites away from the house. After he died and we settled his estate, the house didn't pass a termite inspection. It did have significant termite damage. The Boraxo probably worked for a little while, but not long enough.
I would use moth balls in a pinch but I wouldn't count on them for doing the best possible job.
Get some guineas. They'll get the ticks and sandburrs out of the yard and kill any snakes that come slithering up!

is their a fucking answer hidden in their somewhere ??????????

i need a decoder ring

i hate guineas stupid ass birds wont even get out of the road i run them over all the time around hear.........

patrickcudd
Team Member
It says "I WISH THESE WERE BRAINS"

helll if i know
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i need a decoder ring

i hate guineas stupid ass birds wont even get out of the road i run them over all the time around hear.........

If you had the decoder ring, you'd probably try to make an ear ring out of it!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i need a decoder ring

If you had the decoder ring, you'd probably try to make an ear ring out of it!

have you been looking at my ears ...... i havent worn any of my earings in a long time..... been thinking about putting my peace symbol back in to protest the war
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
its a fact that its fiction as far as a pigs ass is pork and a bear shits in the woods,

heres a riddle for you, "if a tree falls in the forest, but theres no one around to hear it, does it still make a sound when it falls?"

besides everybody knows that if you got a snake problem, or your trying to prevent one to get a mongoose, (the weasel kind not the bike) and say ricki ticki tavei three times under a full moons.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get some guineas. They'll get the ticks and sandburrs out of the yard and kill any snakes that come slithering up![/quote]

Yep, there's your answer.  Guinea fowl are great for making noise at the approach of intruders as well.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get some guineas. They'll get the ticks and sandburrs out of the yard and kill any snakes that come slithering up![/quote]

Yep, there's your answer.  Guinea fowl are great for making noise at the approach of intruders as well.

Who wants to listen to the darn things all day though?  They make good watchdogs, but man are they loud!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Guinea's are good mesquite smoked and dipped in honey mustard, plus their easy to find and catch when you scare them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know about the mothball thing. But I do know that snakes are a lot like cats.

They both get flatter the more times you run over them!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't want no stupid birds  Get some guineas

I asked about mothballs

Wheres Johny Nitro when I need him ..........
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Was Sinbad a sailor?
Is the sky blue?
Is Ratterrier's favorite movie Brokeback Mountain?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Was Sinbad a sailor?
Is the sky blue?

dingdingdingding........Pat has spoken and We've have heard the word of truth.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I asked about mothballs

Wheres Johny Nitro when I need him ..........

my neighbor down the street used to have a bunch of them, along with some pidgeons and peafowl, thats how I know guineas are good smoked, pidgeons are better fried, peafowl look like roasted turkey but taste like ass,

I read somewhere that if you spread diazinon under your house and around your yard, it keeps snakes away, moth balls are made for moths, if it kept snakes away, it'd be called snake balls
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was Sinbad a sailor?
Is the sky blue?

dingdingdingding........Pat has spoken and We've have heard the word of truth.

You guys need to lay off Rat. I've already claimed his ass as mine!
I'm going to show him how a long barreled gun is used!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I read somewhere that if you spread diazinon under your house and around your yard, it keeps snakes away, moth balls are made for moths, if it kept snakes away, it'd be called snake balls

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Was Sinbad a sailor?
Is the sky blue?

HEY! Ya'll leave me out of this! Everything was just fine in this thread till ya go talkin crazy about the little guy...and Pat...I've noticed you make the reference to BBM more than a few times in the forums today.....you're worrying man. And Dan, you bum knee n shoulder, old, fart suckin geezer....why you all concerned about my ass? You been hanging out with AckMan dressing up in his sheepsuit while he chases you with his velcro gloves while 1shott sucks his thumb in his "safe house" You guys ain't right!
One more thing, you're an ASS!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was Sinbad a sailor?
Is the sky blue?

HEY! Ya'll leave me out of this! Everything was just fine in this thread till ya go talkin crazy about the little guy...and Pat...I've noticed you make the reference to BBM more than a few times in the forums today.....you're worrying man. And Dan, you bum knee n shoulder, old, fart suckin geezer....why you all concerned about my ass? You been hanging out with AckMan dressing up in his sheepsuit while he chases you with his velcro gloves while 1shott sucks his thumb in his "safe house" You guys ain't right!
One more thing, you're an ASS!  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
it's nice to see some things never change...............................everybody getting along on the OK fourm
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
it's nice to see some things never change...............................everybody getting along on the OK fourm

as well as could be expected.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

as well as could be expected.

Hell, we're all buddies here!
Remember the old saying:
Good buddy, tried and true!
Screw him before he screws you!

Seriously, if it gets that bad, I'm gone!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw BORAXO mentioned, you might not know it, but that stuff is great for killing roaches!  A lot of the common roach powders like Roach Prufe are based on Borax, and guess what other product contains Borax?  BORAXO!  Boraxo contains some soap which roaches love to eat, and also has Borax which kills them, you can get Boraxo powder and use it in place of Roach Prufe.  I sold industrial chemicals for 8 years, we carried Boraxo powder and sold it to our customers for roach control, it worked great!

More Info
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I saw BORAXO mentioned, you might not know it, but that stuff is great for killing roaches!  A lot of the common roach powders like Roach Prufe are based on Borax, and guess what other product contains Borax?  BORAXO!  Boraxo contains some soap which roaches love to eat, and also has Borax which kills them, you can get Boraxo powder and use it in place of Roach Prufe.  I sold industrial chemicals for 8 years, we carried Boraxo powder and sold it to our customers for roach control, it worked great!

More Info

Do you work for Boraxo?

But yes I second the borax being an excelent COCKroach control,  just dont try to snort it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

But yes I second the borax being an excelent COCKroach control,  just dont try to snort it.

And to think you were on your way to becoming a Baptist preacher until you met ACman!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have no way of knowing that.   but it is funny
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to think you were on your way to becoming a Baptist preacher until you met ACman!!!!

HaHa  I just put on a good front with a freindly face thats all
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
[Boraxo?  just dont try to snort it.

hey I seen that in a cheech and chong movie, only I think it was babo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a friendly bump, this is too funny a thread to let it slip too far down.......and speakin of this thread...WTF is it even about?? Bears shittin in the woods or Frogs asses...I donno....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Just a friendly bump, this is too funny a thread to let it slip too far down.......and speakin of this thread...WTF is it even about?? Bears shittin in the woods or Frogs asses...I donno....

whether or not a pigs ass is pork.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say its ass.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say its ass.....

I used to be a butcher,  And I can assure you that a pigs ass really is pork!  No mythbusting needed here.  I will also say that raw pig can cause nasty infections that hurt really bad
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
 I will also say that raw pig can cause nasty infections that hurt really bad

good thing I like my pig fried or BBQ well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top