Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 11:11:41 AM EDT
Well we are taking a road trip driving from S.F. bay area to Portland. going to stay in lake oswego and look at property inm the lake oswego/oregon city area. anyone live around there have any advice? anything fun to do with a five year old on the trip up? any good hotel recomendations?
let me know.
btw. It would REALLY suck to leave kalifornia and move to Ortegon only to have an assault weapons ban go into law.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
geesh. maybe i should post this in the kali forums.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
We tend to be a little ummm....  well....  you know,   your from Kalifornia...  

Let the flames begin!

Mark.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
there's a lot to do, really.

Need I point out the machine gun rental range on I5?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Tri-County Gun Club is in the area:
www.tcgc.org
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's see now, unemployment is up and I think they just released fifty child molesters in the Lake O' area. Oh and they just opened a homeless camp around the lake. I hear Washington and Idaho are nice.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Let's see now, unemployment is up and I think they just released fifty child molesters in the Lake O' area. Oh and they just opened a homeless camp around the lake. I hear Washington and Idaho are nice.

Bang

what the fuck? a homeless camp? surley you are joking. it cant be worse than the sf gay area
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yes and a little more info please.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bang

what the fuck? a homeless camp? surley you are joking. it cant be worse than the sf gay area

SF is far worse than Portland or Seattle, but Portland is worse than Seattle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes and a little more info please.

I don't recall the name, it's a little south of Portland. They have two huge billboards saying "EXIT NOW AND SHOOT A MACHINE GUN"
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
And they're closing schools in the Portland area for lack of money. But you won't mind busing.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And they're closing schools in the Portland area for lack of money. But you won't mind busing.

Bang

Yup. But they have such high taxes! The schools just need more taxes! It's for the kids!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
And always remember,
Remember

Bang
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bang

Bang is yanking your chain.  LO most likely has the lowest crime rate in the state.  No homeless camps but you will see the bums begging for money on the freeway ramps just as anywhere else in the metro area.  

LO is a very nice city, schools are excellent and the people are friendly.  The only drawback is that the housing is much more expensive than the surrounding areas.  

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
If you're coming up I-5 you just HAVE to visit our version of Disneyland. Just south of Salem you'll find The Enchanted Forest, perhaps the most amazing family experience of it's kind in the world. You definately will want to spend some time in thier frontier town while you're there, and it's worth the extra cash for the haunted mansion as well.

huh... there there was a hip-wadders icon on here someplace
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I liked Enchanted Forest when I was a kid.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably the barons den in Eugene is where your thinking of the Tommy Gun shoot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I liked Enchanted Forest when I was a kid.  

It's what Walt Disney would have done if he'd had only $200.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeppers Baron's Den south of Springfield exit #189 on I5...  You have to make a right turn and back track to get to it.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I liked Enchanted Forest when I was a kid.  h.gif

It's what Walt Disney would have done if he'd had only $200.

Yep,as they say-"Oregon Is For Dreamers". Or something like that. Take the kid/kids to Wildlife Safari off I-5. Be sure to ask if they sell ammo as you didn't bring much. They'll just laugh and laugh!href=www.wildlifesafari.org/
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#20]
As person who works in LO, I work at one of the high schools and live SE of Oregon City on a small farm. 1# thing the schools are in money troubles. I know I'm going to lose my job as a campus security officer at the school because they can't afford to pay $25,000 but they are good at teaching and sports but suck at the money thing. Are you a city person or country person do you want a big place or small place? If you pick LO remeber their are a lot of people from CAL so their is going to be the same BS that was in CAL so if you are trying to get away from it do not come to LAKE ZERO. he
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
As person who works in LO, I work at one of the high schools and live SE of Oregon City on a small farm. 1# thing the schools are in money troubles. I know I'm going to lose my job as a campus security officer at the school because they can't afford to pay $25,000 but they are good at teaching and sports but suck at the money thing. Are you a city person or country person do you want a big place or small place? If you pick LO remeber their are a lot of people from CAL so their is going to be the same BS that was in CAL so if you are trying to get away from it do not come to LAKE ZERO.

Try the vortex it's along I5 north a Medford.

Yeah, water flows uphill.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As person who works in LO, I work at one of the high schools and live SE of Oregon City on a small farm. 1# thing the schools are in money troubles. I know I'm going to lose my job as a campus security officer at the school because they can't afford to pay $25,000 but they are good at teaching and sports but suck at the money thing. Are you a city person or country person do you want a big place or small place? If you pick LO remeber their are a lot of people from CAL so their is going to be the same BS that was in CAL so if you are trying to get away from it do not come to LAKE ZERO.

Try the vortex it's along I5 north a Medford.

Yeah, water flows uphill.  

oregon city any better? It looks more oregon than kali transports if you know what i mean. you guys got me with the homeless camp, i was about to call off the trip. Damn Hippies
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Oregon City has more monetary problems than Lake Oswego.  The schools are going to be much much worse in Oregon City than Lake Oswego.  

Lake Oswego isn't as bad as some are making it out to be.  I have lived in Lake Oswego for five years now (grew up on the east side in SE Portland/Clackamas) and prefer to stay in Lake Oswego.  

Crime is lower (almost nonexistant) than the surrounding areas, schools are much better(higher graduation rate, better teachers, better funding[both high schools have been remodeled in the past two years]), excellent parks, friendly people, roads are properly maintained(if you exclude the two year Lower Boones Road project), and a very clean city.  The drawbacks is that the houses are more expensive than the surrounding areas but not as bad as most think.  The reason for the higher housing prices is that there is very little open lots to build on and the city isn't interested in annexing surrounding parcels of land.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:17:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Watch for bears on I-5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top