Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 3:53:14 PM EDT
i live in westerville, recently moved to highland lakes, im not sure if this is in the columbus 'district' with the gun ban or not.  all i know is that i bought a sweet ar upper and am looking to buy a lower for it, i just want to know if im legal-good to go-or not.  thanks a lot
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure where highland lakes is, but who picks up your trash?  Columbus trucks are yellow.Columbus PD response in your neighborhood is a giveaway.  You can't count Fire Dept, though, since there are many mutual aid pacts and no jurisdictional issues with a fire.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an easier test to see if you're inside of Columbus city limits.

Look out all your windows. If you see any low-rent housing, a guy pushing a shopping cart full of scrap aluminum, or a Somali cooking over a fire, you're in Columbus.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have an easier test to see if you're inside of Columbus city limits.

Look out all your windows. If you see any low-rent housing, a guy pushing a shopping cart full of scrap aluminum, or a Somali cooking over a fire, you're in Columbus.

Definitely won’t see any of that stuff in Highland Lakes. :)

I want to say you are fine there but this stuff is all so confusing. My uncle lives just up route 3 from you and he is not in Columbus. I have a Dublin address but I actually live outside of Dublin and I am in a "Columbus municipality" so for right now my "assault weapons" are well outside Columbus at someone else's house. :(
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
All your AR's are belong to Mike Mentel!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are at Highland Lakes on Worthington Road, north of Africa Road, you're fine. That is not Kolumbus. I think it might be Genoa Twp in Delaware County. There are some very expensive homes in the Highland Lakes area I've driven past.  I'm moving out of Kolumbus and Franklin County next June, can't happen fast enough.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top