Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:09:34 PM EDT
thinkin about doin some small game hunting at Uwharrie.  wonderin if anyone's ever done it there and what kind of area do they have to do that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I was doing just that today. If you have the game lands endorsement for your license (I've got sportsman's), then you can utilize the game lands in Uwharrie. Today was sad though--but I don't think the MG's at Flintlock today helped me any
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was doing just that today. If you have the game lands endorsement for your license (I've got sportsman's), then you can utilize the game lands in Uwharrie. Today was sad though--but I don't think the MG's at Flintlock today helped me any

thanks! i'm new to the hunting scene.  how much does it cost to get all of my permits if i'm just starting?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If you like to hunt, and also fish--then $40 (sportsman's license) will cover just about everything, including game lands and big game. NC offers a fair amount of choices as far as hunting and fishing options--that sportsman's license covers everything that I do, as I hunt and fish-the only other thing I needed was the federal duck stamp--required separately no matter what state you're in.

check www.ncwildlife.org/
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
dang  looks like i won't be hunting this year.  the first date i could register for a hunter's safety course is february 13th.  oh well, i'll have it for next year i guess.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I take it you have not hunted before? If not, there are ways around the BHSC, including age as well. I was licensed in CO, CA and FL, and had to get my CA BHSC sent to me, and got my NC license that way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I take it you have not hunted before? If not, there are ways around the BHSC, including age as well. I was licensed in CO, CA and FL, and had to get my CA BHSC sent to me, and got my NC license that way.

well, i've hunted before, but just like squirrels on private land and such.  i'm 19, so i don't think i'm excluded for age.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok--whereabouts are you located?

If I am not working next Saturday, I am planning on heading back to Uwharrie, if you want to get an idea what the hunting's like there. Also get a free copy of the game lands book--it'll give you an idea where the game land boundaries are--I keep it in my vehicle to CMA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
damn, i'd take you up on that offer but i have to be in Raleigh Sat morning for my Rifle team meeting.  I'm goin to school in Greensboro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top