Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 5:37:40 PM EDT
i was wondering if anyone has built a pistol reciever before and has got it safety inspected and green carded? 1911, ak or any other home built pistol reciever from an 80%....

i ask this because i am looking into building a semi auto sten pistol from the ATF semi approved design offered by SEMI AUTO STEN "SAS-III" i know i need to weld a piece of bar stock to act as a block and modify a pistol grip so only my modified pistol grip will work

so what are all the engraving requirements for registration info and specs that the engracing has to be to? depth? size? manufacture? address? serial #?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone know what the FED required marking are for a manufacture? and specifications? mode;? calliber? serial #? manufactures name?  location? Font size? depth of engravng? this would probable be a good atart if somone has the ATF excript of whats required
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/06a0379p-06.pdf

Read this Sten possession case.  It should make every STEN parts kit owner in possession of a full size 80% tube shudder.

Semi tubes are smaller ID and won't accept a full size sten bolt as is, but the question is will a semi sten design with a floating pin still fire automatically with no trigger and enough inertial force when let go from the hand from a full cock position.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/06a0379p-06.pdf

Read this Sten possession case.  It should make every STEN parts kit owner in possession of a full size 80% tube shudder.

Semi tubes are smaller ID and won't accept a full size sten bolt as is, but the question is will a semi sten design with a floating pin still fire automatically with no trigger and enough inertial force when let go from the hand from a full cock position.

Agree with NFA or not is there any question why that guy got the full treatment?  He should be thankful to be in the joint and not the morgue.  I could make the jump that someone who is building a firearm wasn't intending to convert it if they hadn't just tried to shoot me and had a house full of home built stuff.

For a regular guy who isn't going to grab a rifle when stopped it is not a good idea to have a frame that can fire auto without a trigger.  Before buying one I would take all the information to a qualified attorney versed in firearms to review, or better, to the local PA office if they will review it.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top