Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:45:33 PM EDT
Any members on her?  My name just came up on the waiting list so I figured I would ask around.  Thanx, Ed
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any members on her?  My name just came up on the waiting list so I figured I would ask around.  Thanx, Ed

IM Defcon
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been a member there for years.  Personally, I like the place and enjoy shooting there.  If you don't go right before hunting season, there are TONS of people there.  Otherwise, there are rarely people there.  Well, at least when I go... right before or after dinner.  Worth the cost IMHO.

It does suck that you shoot a bit uphill, but, there are worse places and it isn't too far of a drive.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Also a member there, and its a great value for money.  I'm also a SO for the defensive pistol matches.  First sunday of every month, $10 to shoot it.  Don't need to be a member to shoot the matches.  We also got one tomorrow as well.

http://www.ncrgc.org/actionpnew.htm
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
how much is the yearly fee?  are they accepting new people?
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ncrgc.org/membership.htm

Memberships costs are $75 per year for Individual and $85 for Household. A membership runs from September 1st to August 31st the following year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how much is the yearly fee?  are they accepting new people?

I heard that they are accepting new people, so drop them a note asap.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Ed-
Good range.
My buddy and I enjoy the long range steel plates on the hillside...

The defensive shoots are a blast, I have not been in several months due to the ammo "shortage"...
I am trying to save what I have until this INSANITY is done with.

I used to go to the Pawnee. I did the math and it is cheaper to join the NCR&GCthan to drive out east once a month...

A friend of mine is interested in joining, how long did you have to be on the waiting list?
Tom
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a membership too, but I probably shoot more at the defensive pistol shoots than I do just going out there on my own.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Well that sucked ass, we got the SHIT hailed out of us at today's match.  I bailed when it started (I'm a weather spotter), and I think of lot of the others did too.  Not sure if they waited for it to stop then finish the match or if they outright canceled it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well that sucked ass, we got the SHIT hailed out of us at today's match.  I bailed when it started (I'm a weather spotter), and I think of lot of the others did too.  Not sure if they waited for it to stop then finish the match or if they outright canceled it.

I think I was the first person to leave.  I didn't even wait for it to start.  I could tell it was going to get ugly and I didn't bring any rain gear.  Oh, at least I didn't waste 10 bucks...

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I was hoping the crap wouldnt hit the fan until after the match (usually we can get done before bad weather starts in the afternoon).  

I don't mind the $10 though, that money goes straight into the fund used for targets and another items we use at matches.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hi Ed-
Good range.
My buddy and I enjoy the long range steel plates on the hillside...

The defensive shoots are a blast, I have not been in several months due to the ammo "shortage"...
I am trying to save what I have until this INSANITY is done with.

I used to go to the Pawnee. I did the math and it is cheaper to join the NCR&GCthan to drive out east once a month...

A friend of mine is interested in joining, how long did you have to be on the waiting list?
Tom

I was on the list since August of last year.  I am tired of the drive out to the Pawnee myself.  I joined up at the meeting last week so as soon as it stops raining I will head out and check it out.  The rain is getting rather ridiculous (not to mention my garden is taking a hammering).
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Also a member, don't get out there as much as I should but for $85 it is sure nice to shoot with my sons close to town with shade and bathrooms.

I also rarely see more than few people out there.

I meant to say it is way over priced and always crowded.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Newracer-
SHHHHH!
More often than not, I have the place to myself and a buddy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top