Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:25:57 PM EDT
I need a Class II or III dealer to accept a SBR transfer.

Anyone know a source?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Just South in Bradenton you have  Heavy Metal Armory. I bought some things form them. Ask for Drew. Super nice people there.  http://www.machinegun.com/    941-741-8282

You also have Knights Shooting range in Clearwater. Arent they a C3?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, AR9mm

It would sure be easier to use Knights..........If I could

Long story.

I will call Heavy Metal today.

Can anyone else chime in here?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Use Drew at Heavy Metal Armory.  Drew is uber 10-8.

Charlie @ University screwed me on a UZI deal afew years ago by selling me a gun he showed me in "stock" to get my cash upfront, but in reality didnt have any on Form 3 to actually transfer as he was waiting for them.  Then he lied for months to cover it up.

More recently, Robert at Florida Firearms has proven to me he has no clue about NFA transfer protocol and courtesy. Paid cash in full for an MP5 suppressor, a week later dude is still giving me printer toner excuses (that he given me earlier in the week) as to why he cant take the 15 minutes fill out my Form 4.  Helloooo WTF ?  He looked at me like I was out of mind when I told him to refund my money.

Drew, although a drive to Bradenton, does your forms while you wait and hands them to you so you can mail them yourself and know they are on their way to the system.  He did 1/2 and 1/2 instead of all up front for me too. That guy is squared away.

SRT in St Pete is good too if you can get directly to John Weir, the owner, instead of the hired help.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use Drew at Heavy Metal Armory.  Drew is uber 10-8.

Charlie @ University screwed me on a UZI deal afew years ago by selling me a gun he showed me in "stock" to get my cash upfront, but in reality didnt have any on Form 3 to actually transfer as he was waiting for them.  Then he lied for months to cover it up.

More recently, Robert at Florida Firearms has proven to me he has no clue about NFA transfer protocol and courtesy. Paid cash in full for an MP5 suppressor, a week later dude is still giving me printer toner excuses (that he given me earlier in the week) as to why he cant take the 15 minutes fill out my Form 4.  Helloooo WTF ?  He looked at me like I was out of mind when I told him to refund my money.

Drew, although a drive to Bradenton, does your forms while you wait and hands them to you so you can mail them yourself and know they are on their way to the system.  He did 1/2 and 1/2 instead of all up front for me too. That guy is squared away.

SRT in St Pete is good too if you can get directly to John Weir, the owner, instead of the hired help.

I agree with the comments ....  

Drew at Heavy Metal Armory is good to go.  I've done a lot of business with him.. never had a problem.  John at SRT is great, his hired help varies.  SRT is more of a LEO shop while Heavy Metal does a lot of business in transferables and LEO stuff.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You can also try Charlie, at University Pawn.

University Gun & Pawn
(813) 977-6010
(813) 972-3484
2012 E Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33612

Some people love him, some hate him.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

Isn't SRT, LE Only?

I tried Heavy Metal this morning but it was too early

will give it a go tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive always used Charlie at University Gun. No Problems here.

Done 4 NFA transfers and bought like a dozen firearms from them.

Woosaa
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used Charlie at University Gun for a couple of transfers, no problems here.  Would not hesitate to use him for my next transaction either.  

I've also used Florida Firearms before they moved to Nebraska ave, but I have not been impressed with thier help staff and hours since one of the main owners there left.....  The help sometimes doesn't have a clue about class 3 stuff and will argue even though they're wrong lol....

I've talked to Drew at Heavy Metal several times, and would use him if I lived in the bradenton area or if he had a C3 in stock I wanted to buy....

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#9]
BTW:

I hooked up with Charlie's shop, but he is doing the gun-show circuit right now and difficult to get hold of in the shop to do the admin work.

However, he is doing the Tampa show at the Tampa State Fairgrounds next week (Aug 12-14) and I hope to see him no later than that

Maybe even Lakeland this weekend.

I'd prefer a source in the Tampa bay area rather than going south to Sarasota, or Orlando, where I have 2 other leads.

with all the hassles associated with Class III stuff (and related) I may get some papers started on a suppressor while I am at it.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top