Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:16:49 PM EDT
any one know an ammo dealer that will deliver to illinois that sells blackhills remanufactured

or any where in the kendall county area that sell it?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
P.K. firearms, in Shelbyville Illinois sells it, they are a site sponser 217-774-5810
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
www.creedmoorsports.com
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys

ill try gander first as that is pretty close to my house
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, Midway is still not selling to IL residents.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got 10 boxes of 22-250 delivered from Midway, yesterday.  

I did not have to send in a copy of my DL/FOID

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got 10 boxes of 22-250 delivered from Midway, yesterday.  

I did not have to send in a copy of my DL/FOID

I haven't actually tried ordering from them in a while at Midway, but, I did email them a few weeks ago, and they did tell me that they won't send any ammo to IL residents, but didn't really give a reason, if I remember.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Cody, I have found that with some places even if you live in a border county of Cook they consider it chicago metro area and refuse to sell ammo to you. Why some places do and others don't I don't understand. I did get a spam can of ammo from Classic Arms when ordered it and my latest milsurp M91/30. I know Sportsmansguide, cheaper than dirt, AIM surplus, Cabelas won't sell to us either. I have received ordered ammo from MidSouth shooters supply, Outdoor superstore, Ammoman. Seems to be no rhym or reason to who does and who does not ship to us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cody, I have found that with some places even if you live in a border county of Cook they consider it chicago metro area and refuse to sell ammo to you. Why some places do and others don't I don't understand. I did get a spam can of ammo from Classic Arms when ordered it and my latest milsurp M91/30. I know Sportsmansguide, cheaper than dirt, AIM surplus, Cabelas won't sell to us either. I have received ordered ammo from MidSouth shooters supply, Outdoor superstore, Ammoman. Seems to be no rhym or reason to who does and who does not ship to us.

i have recieved from  sportsmans guide,aim,and cabelas all in the last two months
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i have recieved from  sportsmans guide,aim,and cabelas all in the last two months

Just curious what hoops Cabelas makes you go through.  You used to be able to order ammo from them just like anyplace else, but the last few years they have had a special message online regarding ammo sales to IL residents:

Attention: If ordering from the State of Illinois or if the order is shipping to the state of Illinois the order must be placed by the FFL Gun Dept. Please contact the FFL Gun Dept at 1-800-237-4444 ext 132. The FFL Gun Dept is available Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday 8am-4pm (Central Time).

What do they require of you when purchasing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just curious what hoops Cabelas makes you go through.  You used to be able to order ammo from them just like anyplace else, but the last few years they have had a special message online regarding ammo sales to IL residents:

Attention: If ordering from the State of Illinois or if the order is shipping to the state of Illinois the order must be placed by the FFL Gun Dept. Please contact the FFL Gun Dept at 1-800-237-4444 ext 132. The FFL Gun Dept is available Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday 8am-4pm (Central Time).

What do they require of you when purchasing?

IL passed a law amending the Firearm Owner's Identification Act this year that requires out of state ammo vendors to see your FOID and Illinois DL or ID card before they ship ammo into the state. (Exactly how the state legislature plans on enforcing it remains to be seen, since IL law only applies inside our border.) It became effective 08/12/05.

It was Senate Bill 0053.

Full text:

Public Act 094-0571

SB0053 Enrolled LRB094 05020 RLC 35053 b

AN ACT concerning firearm ammunition.

Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,  
represented in the General Assembly:

Section 5. The Firearm Owners Identification Card Act is  
amended by changing Section 3 as follows:

(430 ILCS 65/3)  (from Ch. 38, par. 83-3)  
   Sec. 3. (a) Except as provided in Section 3a, no person may  
knowingly transfer, or cause to be transferred, any firearm or  
any firearm ammunition to any person within this State unless  
the transferee with whom he deals displays a currently valid  
Firearm Owner's Identification Card which has previously been  
issued in his name by the Department of State Police under the  
provisions of this Act. In addition, all firearm transfers by  
federally licensed firearm dealers are subject to Section 3.1.  
   (b) Any person within this State who transfers or causes to  
be transferred any firearm shall keep a record of such transfer  
for a period of 10 years from the date of transfer. Such record  
shall contain the date of the transfer; the description, serial  
number or other information identifying the firearm if no  
serial number is available; and, if the transfer was completed  
within this State, the transferee's Firearm Owner's  
Identification Card number. On demand of a peace officer such  
transferor shall produce for inspection such record of  
transfer.  
   (b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person  
outside of Illinois. Any resident purchasing ammunition  
outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a  
copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card  
and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois  
State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the  
ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on  
either of those 2 documents.  

(c) The provisions of this Section regarding the transfer  
of firearm ammunition shall not apply to those persons  
specified in paragraph (b) of Section 2 of this Act.  
(Source: P.A. 92-442, eff. 8-17-01.)

Section 99. Effective date. This Act takes effect upon  
becoming law.

Effective Date: 8/12/2005
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#14]
had to fax a copy of foid card
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Beerstud and npd233 thanks for that....may have to try again, I forgot all about the bill....Gonna attempt to order from SG today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top