Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 10:56:20 PM EDT
So I'm looking now, right.  1-3 months I'll be ready to go.  Check with your companies and friends and stuff.  Please.  I'm a Unix geek with a support background.  Ask around, I want to move.  Resume on request.  I can even supply cool and groovy gun nut references.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Man....I/T is dead in Texas and just about everywhere else........thats why I had to move to Iraq, and even now I am not doing I/T anymore......soooooo, good luck, bro!

JH94
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Man....I/T is dead in Texas and just about everywhere else........thats why I had to move to Iraq, and even now I am not doing I/T anymore......soooooo, good luck, bro!

JH94

yo,

how is the weather?  stay safe,

c
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I/T is dead everywhere except education.  Schools are always hiring and expanding.  there are more kids in class every year and more technology being used to entertain them.

Hit every damn school district with your resume.  They will not likely need a hardcore Unix programmer/operator.  But, they will need someone that has multi-platform experience, training experience, installation, cable pulling, LAN/WAN design etc.

Let me know and I will talk to you more about it.

I taught Computer Sci in public schools for more than 10 years.  I know, first-hand, the kinds of needs that most schools have in teh tech department.  

You are going to need to branch out, flesh out your experience list, think about software packages you have used, can used, and can support in a ddition to just pure Unix.

You will probably be surperised to find a need for I/T is still strong in Education.  Weak economies drive people back in to college classes.  We are bursting at the seams right now with fresh faces.

TRG

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the IT industry with a very large IT equipment provider and definitely agree that education, K-12 and universities are probably the best places to get an IT job right now.

Also integrators/installers are another good place to look. Hospitals are the second largest LAN/WAN/WLAN purchasors of network equipment right now. A teaching hospital would be at the top of that list.

Best of luck-

Regards,

Neil.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I/T isn't really dead-- I know this for a fact. I see leads coming in all the time. I will do a search for UNIX real quick through the MANY leads I have collected in the past month or two.

You can email me-- I can hook you up with a couple of the Networking groups that meet around the DFW area. Some have Yahoo eGroups set up online for posting leads-- I will send you what I have, and from there, you can find other groups. Some allow anyone to join, others don't unless you pay or show up to the meetings...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hit every damn school kid with your [deleted].  They will not likely need a hardcore [deleted]/operator.  But, they will need someone that has multi-partner experience,
cable pulling, LAN/WAN design etc.

Let me know and I will teach you more about it.

I taught Computer Sci in public schools for more than 10 years.  I know, first-hand, the kinds of needs that most kids have in teh tech department.  

You are going to need to flesh out your experiences. Think about packages you have used, can use, and can support, in addiction to just pure **x.

We are bursting at the seams right now with fresh faces.

TRG

So that's why yoo like your job so much!

Sicko!

TXL

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Having gotten laid off from my IT job after 6 years, I'm disinclined to comment favorably.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen a bunch of leads out there.

In fact, I am waiting on a written offer now... Expected to start in January.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hit every damn school kid with your [deleted].  They will not likely need a hardcore [deleted]/operator.  But, they will need someone that has multi-partner experience,
cable pulling, LAN/WAN design etc.

Let me know and I will teach you more about it.

I taught Computer Sci in public schools for more than 10 years.  I know, first-hand, the kinds of needs that most kids have in teh tech department.  

You are going to need to flesh out your experiences. Think about packages you have used, can use, and can support, in addiction to just pure **x.

We are bursting at the seams right now with fresh faces.

TRG

So that's why yoo like your job so much!

Sicko!

TXL

Yummmy...Comsmetology students!

ROFL

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top