Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:25:20 PM EDT
We were in Phillipsons today and they had American Eagle .22lr and CCI Blazer .22 for $7.xx a brick.
Now a "brick" for as long as .22lr has been sold was ten boxes of 50....just now I realized this "brick" was ten boxes of 40rnds!
The first time I saw this was with Remington shotshells in boxes of twenty...from now on I'll pay more attention, and WILL NOT BUY the smaller packages. Screw the corperate mentality of fooling the customer into buying the low price with low quanities.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Still, its only a tad worse per round than buying the walmart bulk pack of 550 rounds HP for ten bucks...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it's the idea of leaving the package the same size, but reducing the quanity that's discouraging.
Look at potato chips: Open a great big bag, look inside and it's only half full. Of course this is nothing new, its just now showing up in the ammunition field...wasn't that long ago that some manufacturers were offering more cartridges per box.
All boils down to: Buyer Beware.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Ice cream containers are doing that. No more half gallons
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
and Coca Cola with those liter and a half bottles at the same price as two liter bottles.
I agree, buyer beware, but sometimes the price per round or per quantity isn't that different.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was at Herb's last week I had the same situation, purchased the .22's and only realized when I got home that I was short a hundred, I was mildly surprised to say the least!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top