Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 12:35:41 PM EDT
Damn he we go again, OKC area is burning hot hot hot.

Live coverage for over an hour now that I know of.

We need rain....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Also guys, no fireworks for New Years eve, the use of them have been banned as of today.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Also guys, no fireworks for New Years eve, the use of them have been banned as of today.

Wel that shouldn't affect me as I am planning to use my flame thrower!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wel that shouldn't affect me as I am planning to use my flame thrower!

OK so when you are in the pen, can I  have your guns?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank goodness but common sense should have dictated that. Also, the ban lacks teeth and the firefighters aren't given the enforcement powers they need to have to enforce the ban. Law enforcement has too much on their plates right now to mess with people lighting fireworks. However, the numerous wildfires in our state over the last couple of months have claimed a lot of people's homes and at least 2 people's lives. One would think folks would take this ban and the weather conditions more seriously.

I know that I'm going to be really pissed if I get injured out here putting my butt on the line for some ignorant hillbilly that's lighting fireworks.

That fire hose has been known to get away from me at times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thank goodness but common sense should have dictated that. Also, the ban lacks teeth and the firefighters aren't given the enforcement powers they need to have to enforce the ban. Law enforcement has too much on their plates right now to mess with people lighting fireworks. However, the numerous wildfires in our state over the last couple of months have claimed a lot of people's homes and at least 2 people's lives. One would think folks would take this ban and the weather conditions more seriously.

I know that I'm going to be really pissed if I get injured out here putting my butt on the line for some ignorant hillbilly that's lighting fireworks.

That fire hose has been known to get away from me at times.

Well hopefully most people in Oklahoma will have commen sense, but there is allways the few...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
OKC isn't the only place thats burning either. Down here in the Colbert, Achille, Roberta area we have one thats been going for 3 days now. Between 6 and 10 thousand acres are black as hell.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]

That fire hose has been known to get away from me at times. hr

+++1 on that.

Burning trash hacks me more than anyhting.  I've scolded more people than I can count the last few weeks.   So far County has only been issuing warnings for first offence.  To me they've had almost 2 months of warnings.  Start issuing citations.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of these fires, or at least the intensity of them are the fault of dum-bass range management practices. Or landowners who feel a need to fence in every last corner of their property.
Undergrazing is just as bad, if not worse, than overgrazing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Currently, the burn ban in effect can result in $200.00 fine plus jail for an Okc Municipal charge.

If the State Fire Marshal gets involved they can file state charges $500.00 plus a year in the county jail.

We were just told this morning that the fireworks ban can result in $1000.00 fine and 3 years in jail.

Our butts have been dragging here in Okc and we are not looking forward to the new years celebrations. Hoping to NOT have the fireworks, tracers and flares that usually light up the sky at midnight.

Our little fire yesterday on the east side of Okc resulted in mutual aid from at least eight other cities not counting the OK Army guard from Lex with the Chinook.

Thanks to all who helped us.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Any ass clown flipping a butt out of the window should get manditory jail time, with the associated prison love!  Idiots like that are what is causing these fires.  If someone dies as a result, felony manslaughter charges should be filed!  I have no tolerance for stupidity...

Put your damned butts out in your ash tray!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
As usual, things change. We were just informed it's now $500.00 and one year in jail for violation of the fireworks ban..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Basically the same thing it's been since Nov. 15th when the ban started.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I would support more hefty fines...my wife's aunt lost everything in the NEO fires a few weeks ago around Claremore.  She was even on the front page of the Tulsa World...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top