Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 12:39:17 PM EDT
Pre ban (1994) / Post ban applies to the AK the same as the AR correct?  The fed 922r is only for not having  more that 10 import parts?  So an AK with a receiver manufactured before Sept 94 can have all the evils you want as long as it does not have more than 10 foreign parts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the AWB applies to all types of weapons that are affected by the AWB. The NY AWB and 922(r) are two completely different issues. As long as you are not in violation of 922(r) you can have as many "evil features" as you would like as long as the rifle is preban.

Make sure your AK is preban though and that you are not confusing the date of manufacture of the trunnion with the date of manufacture of the actual rifle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't need a pre ban AK...just make sure it has a fixed stock..non threaded muzzle..and shaved ears on the bayonet lugs..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You don't need a pre ban AK...just make sure it has a fixed stock..non threaded muzzle..and shaved ears on the bayonet lugs..

basically a WASR
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

basically a WASR

Or a converted saiga..wich is better than a wasr imo...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure your AK is preban though and that you are not confusing the date of manufacture of the trunnion with the date of manufacture of the actual rifle.[/quote]

Where do I look for this?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I just think that pre ban ak's are a waist of money..I mean they are cool for for a collector piece.but to spend all that money if you just want a shooter AK..just buy a compliant one instead of paying $800-1500 for a pre ban..just my opinion tho..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking for both.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just think that pre ban ak's are a waist of money..I mean they are cool for for a collector piece.but to spend all that money if you just want a shooter AK..just buy a compliant one instead of paying $800-1500 for a pre ban..just my opinion tho..

I see mak90s going for 5-600 only a few bucks more then a wasr now adays.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'm seeing the deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top