Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 2:09:24 PM EDT
Gf's purse was stolen over the weekend from my truck.  She didn't have her gun in it but did have her permit.  We already filed a report with the sherrif on the break in and gold them they got her permit.  Is there anything else we need to do other than go to the DMV and give them the report # and ask for another?

Oh ya THIEFS F@*$ING SUCK!!!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing more to do in regards to the permit since it is useless to them.

They do however now have her address and if they are literate, know she has at least one gun in the house.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Where was the truck when they broke into it? Must suck to have to get your window replaced too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thx all.

Truck was at the start of thelittle blue trace trail off 7 and blue mills road.  It is kind of rural there and outside of city limits.  My gf wanted me to leave open the little wing windows on my extended cab Sonoma and they popped the thing.  They actually didn't break anything and I got the thing to pop back together.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thx all.

Truck was at the start of thelittle blue trace trail off 7 and blue mills road.  It is kind of rural there and outside of city limits.  My gf wanted me to leave open the little wing windows on my extended cab Sonoma and they popped the thing.  They actually didn't break anything and I got the thing to pop back together.

View Quote

Live and learn.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my old army friends who is a female also had her purse stolen from her car in the driveway not long ago.  Luckily someone found all the non-valuables along a road a couple miles away. I gave my old computer to a friend who left it in his van overnight and it was broken into and the computer was stolen.  I think there is a pattern here.  Yes, thieves do suck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Live and learn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thx all.

Live and learn.

I didn't want to go to that end of the trail (I wanted to park at the other populated end), or park in the lot where u the truck is hidden from the street view, or leave open that wing window...... but guess who gets to pay for everything and deal with all the emotional fallout

Ya we checked the road side and the trashcans/dumpsters of the locations they used her cars too.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear that there was no damage to your truck. Sounds like you are saying you parked at some form of walking / hiking trails. Seems that anytime you park your car / truck at one of these hiking or biking trails. That ah*les will show up and break into cars looking for valuables. Just across the river in IL near StL. That they have had a real bad problem with thieves breaking into cars. Almost getting to the point where you need one of those super sized handgun safes for vehicles.  Leave it out in the open where they can see it (bolted to the frame). Then you might not get broken into. Although they might also see it as a challenge.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Run a credit check on both of you. Better contact the 3 credit reporting agencies and let em know that her identity may have been stolen.
Hopefully it's only the cash in the wallet they went after.

I had some jackass steal my identity back in the 90's. Assholes bought a washer dryer and window AC unit at Sears using their instant credit at the check out counter. All they needed was a fake ID and me SSN.

Had Sears released there video camera footage to me I would've...

Cops didn't give a shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top