Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2015 4:42:09 PM EDT
I have a NIW Surefire 60 round magazine listed on the EE.

I get a "I'll take it" IM from a member, I go ahead and give him my info for paying me.

Well, a little over a week goes by so I look him up by his screen name. He is listed as being in California...WTF?

It's a FELONY to ship high capacity magazines into California.

So I start researching him, he has purchased quite a few high capacity magazines off of the EE.

He also stiffed a member by answering a post "I'll take it" then stopped communicating.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
And this members avatar is???
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]

meh, I give this a 2 out of 10 on the rant scale.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably some anti-gun liberal troll.  Report it http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/109_Negative_Feedback_ONLY.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind shipping hi-cap mags to communist states.

I will not break a federal law, but other states laws don't affect me in MO.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Darn......the title of this thread was promising ??

At least share his name. Lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind shipping hi-cap mags to communist states.

View Quote

Oh yes they do.

If California issues a warrant for your arrest, guess what...

Can I get in trouble for shipping/sending assembled large capacity magazines into the state?

Yes. Out of state, non-residents of California are still subject to California law and can be extradited for breaking those laws, even if you never plan to visit the state
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Not that I would ever do it...

What if someone were inclined to ship one of those items into Commifornia but had the recipients address in the return spot as well?  I realize this wouldn't change the legality of the matter but may provide a certain amount of anonymity.  Assuming of course there was no online evidence to promoting liberty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is what I sent him today (and yes, I kind of "Poked him with a sharp stick")

"Still have not received funds on Surefire mag.

Also, I noticed you are a California resident. I'm sure that you are a California LEO or you wouldn't have tried to commit a Felony by ordering a high capacity magazine from me. I've also noticed that you have made several purchases off of the EE of high capacity magazines. Please forward a copy of your California P.O.S.T. Certification.

BTW, I've been an Officer for 32 years.
"
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Start a feedback thread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
What's considered high capacity in Ca?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh yes they do.

Can I get in trouble for shipping/sending assembled large capacity magazines into the state?

Yes. Out of state, non-residents of California are still subject to California law and can be extradited for breaking those laws, even if you never plan to visit the state
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes they do.

Meh, I doubt that it has ever happened. Screw that place.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's considered high capacity in Ca?
View Quote

Over 10 rounds
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes they do.

Your not very bright are you?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes they do.

Not to mention using a federal transportation to commit a crime in a state puts you in a weird gray area of law that could go really badly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And this members avatar is???
View Quote

Rbrown77

I've now reported him to Site Staff, on the 23rd of February I IM'ed him my address to send the funds.

Nothing to date, no communications at all.

Also checking his feedback he stiffed another member on the EE on high capacity mags.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it warrants a post in the negative feedback section - I'd hate to see another member not do due diligence and get caught up in something unwittingly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top