Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:55:57 AM EDT
I live in a fairly nice area off 290 and we are one of the few places right off the evac route.  I have notice some rough looking people at the front of the neighborhood yesterday who set-up camp.
Well lo and behold last night around 2-230AM I hear a door shut across the street from me.  The home owner had evacuated couple days ago.  I look out the window and see 2 guys heading towards the back of the house I called the po-po and got my gun.  I strolled outside and saw that the vehicle was from LA.  I went back into the house and got into a place where I could observe and also get out fast enough to stop them before they left.  Well about 20 mins or so they emerged from the house empty handed.  Not sure what went on.  Police showed up fairly quick, but just about a min after they people left.  They searched the grounds and found no point of entry.  I spoke to the guys (4 guys in 2 cars) for several mins and these guys were top notch.  No dog was injured in the search, in fact they left an ankle bitter alive and well (in the guy’s house they were investigating).  One officer noticed my AR15.com shirt he then asked why I didn't have my weapon with me.  I told him it was in the entry way and pulled out my extra mag that was in my back pocket.  He chuckled, told me to stay safe and to keep an eye out.
Thumbs up for the good guys!!!!
WATCH YOUR BACKSIDE FOLKS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well done.  That includes having that AR in hand and ready.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
In dallas too..

Drove by a park that about 1/2 mile off of 75/Cnetral this mornig that is usually empty at 8am.
Instead about 5 pick-up trucks loaded with about 30 people and tons of crap had parked up under the trees and were cooking.  Looked like they are squating until someone tells them different. Don't think they will last long with $300k-400k houses across the street but then where do they go?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Had to drop someone off at the Austin airport yesterday.  Traffic on the way back was horrible as expected.  Tried taking some backroads to make my way back to Cedar Park but it was all the same.  After sitting on 71 for 45 minutes barely moving, I pulled into a Wendy's to grab something to drink.  The parking lot looked like a friggin swap meet was about to set up.  Probably a dozen overloaded vehicles packed with evacuees and thier belongings.  As I sit in the drive-thru line Im noticing Lousiana plates and Texas plates, a diverse gathering of families, young people, old people, etc.  One particular group of what I'd called your garden variety THUGS are watching me watch them and start some sort of posturing bullshit and sticking thier chests out and chins up with a distict "what the fuck you lookin at foo?" look.  So I smile and nod as I pull forward in the line.  (Only Im smiling becasue I have senor Ruger .45 next to me).  For Christ's sake there are families with kid's playing in the grassy area not 20 feet from these goons and they start acting like we're in "da Hood". They were obviously not happy to be here..and I dont blame them.  I wouldnt want to leave my home either.  But when VISITING another city they should leave thier attitudes back where they came from and be a little more thankful they are being welcomed to another city and given FREE places to stay like the dozens of schools and civic centers that are available here.  Sucks that it would only takes a few assholes to ruin it for everyone.  All the local high schools around me are already packed with people from Houston and even some from Lousiana.  I hope everything stays calm..seems like most of them are family people that really do need help so Im sure everything will be fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
shiite... I hope thats not in my area.  I'm live up off Cypress-Rosehill.

I managed to bug out yesterday to a friends house up here in Ft. Worth with my family, sister and niece.

We only brought essential non-replaceable items,  papers,  food and weapons.

I hope we're not having hood rats in our area.  At least my next door neighbors and corner neighbors are staying. They're supposed to be keeping an eye out for me.

Good luck to everyone else affected by this.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple of a$$holes just robbed my bank in Henderson.  Fled in a green truck with 20" rims.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Wonder if they had the bass up as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top