Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 10:24:46 AM EDT
I went to a few shops and I am having a hard time finding any .308 surplus.

Paying 8 bucks for a box of 20 hurts!

any ideas were to look?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
del mar gun show in about 3 weeks, go to wholesale ammo dealer, good deals.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
great, I just hope my Guard drill doesn't fall on that weekend. For some reason every drill is on the same day as the gun show!

Do you got any 1911's or garands you want to sell?

Oh and good to see you don't hold any hard feelings against davis.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can wait 3 weeks, just order over the internet.  Century Arms should have some deals.  There's always ammoman.com
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a thousand rounds from Midway.

Even with shipping costs it came out a bit better than Ammoman.

www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/295884
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
is that south African?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think so.  All the SA that I've seen has been in battle packs.

I've NEVER seen ANY product on Midway get a 100% thumbs up in customer reviews like this stuff did.  It's worth a shot (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi-Pass Sports in Alpine

Bob, the owner, is a great guy. I found him searching for a shop to do an out of state transfer for me. I called over 50 shops around the greater San Diego area and he was the only one who would transfer a new M1A for me from an out of state dealer for only the cost of the transfer, $20. Almost every other shop I called either wouldn't do it because they carried them and would only sell me one of theirs, or wanted 10% of my purchase price and to charge me sales Ca tax. I bought that Standard model M1A for $1049 w/ shipping while most shops around town were charging $1300 to $1500 plus 7.75% sales tax, I paid $1069 including the transfer fee...

Needless to say, now Bob gets all my business because; he is the only shop I’ve found that truly treats his customers right... Many other shops I’ve came across have an same us-against-them attitude towards the public like LEO's, or they know it all and are offended if you don’t listen to their advice about guns & accessories, or they also act like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to buy merchandise in their establishment, no thanks...

Last time I was in Hi-Pass I bought some Argentine 7.62x51 and was very please with the price and performance, and as far as I know he always stocks the surplus ammo for 5.56 & 7.62x51.

Hi-Pass Sports
2435 Alpine Blvd
Alpine, Ca  91901
(619) 445-4039

EDITED TO ADD
The money you spend in gas to Alpine will still be cheaper than the parking fee and admission into the gun show, and Bob is there 5 days a week unlike the gun show vendors and his prices are comparable &/or better to what I remember seeing at the last gun show I attended at Del Mar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top