Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 10:25:40 AM EDT
Bored at work and seeing it get darker and grey outside is making me sleepy
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm working too, the wind keeps blowing the front door open.......the old building makes creaky noises......I'm selling windshield wipers like a mofo today
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
not too bad in SE Portland, just rain and light wind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Update from this area......Trees down on Hwy20 around Toledo, and power lines down just West of here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
No one can bitch about the weather until you've climbed up 3 power poles today in this wind.

<-------
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one can bitch about the weather until you've climbed up 3 power poles today in this wind.

<-------

sure we can.

until your power goes out,  bye, bye ARF.com
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<-------

It's a bitch that sometimes this feels safer than flying a bucket. I have been up in some weather that almost blew my truck over. Then it is time to strap on the hooks and double strap it.
I guess this comes from learning to climb at Sheppard in the winter. Ice on the pole, snow in the air, and windy as all get out.

"Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!"
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah... the power goes out and we get mixed results..
accidents happen because no power...
people dont call 911 cause they cant figure out why their cordless phone doesnt work.
people call 911 cause their phone doesnt work
people are just stupid.....<<----- main reason
but hey gotta love em all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<-------

It's a bitch that sometimes this feels safer than flying a bucket. I have been up in some weather that almost blew my truck over. Then it is time to strap on the hooks and double strap it.
I guess this comes from learning to climb at Sheppard in the winter. Ice on the pole, snow in the air, and windy as all get out.

"Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!"

I did have the truck I was driving, get blown over going thru the gorge. Thats a wild ride.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Lizard, you big girl, quit complaining. It's been a good day today. Sally.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What is that medicman..... you want to be on the car tonight?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#12]
touchy, touchy. You should go eat some pie. I always feel better after I've had some pie.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I was over at my boss's place after work doing some more on the Jeep, and a big ass branch came down on the roof of the shop. We had the doors open, shooting some primer, and WHAP!!! I said "Oh shit", and my boss was like "huh?".......he thought I'd made the loud thump, until I showed him the branch hanging off the roof
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm working too, the wind keeps blowing the front door open.......the old building makes creaky noises......I'm selling windshield wipers like a mofo today

I was down there today (n 12th), shoulda stopped in asked for the Manager.

Still windy and rainy in teh ghetto Salem at this hour.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, it looks like I'm not going to work today.  I have a few trees down across the road to the east of my house(with a few about to fall), and 2 feet+ of water over the road to the west of my place.  We only have the one road. :-(

I figure if God doesn't want me to go to work, who am I to argue? ;-)
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Its starting to flood here, the Marys River has busted its banks. I drove through it about a half hour ago.........gotta grab my camera and snap some pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top