Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 8:53:47 PM EDT
I'm tired of cleaning up this shit hole and I'm actually fine with it being closed in the future.  My fellow shooters up there have absolutely disgusted me and I don't see it changing.

here's a sample post from a non shooter just to give you an idea of the impression you present (of course, this only applies to those of you who don't clean up after your selfes.

"Ran Carnage today, and it was a blast. We had a small group with two XJ's and one CJ. Made it all the way through, but the ice was a little tricky in some spots.

A lot of idiots up shooting as we were leaving. The amount of trash and shotgun shells they leave behind is ridiculous. It wouldn't be as bad if they would show a little respect and clean up after themselves.

I'll start another carnage thread and post our pics"

These are not antis.  these guys would be on our side but we are fucking pathetic.  we deserve to lose these shooting sites.  The Forest Service should not have to put up with the bullshit I see up there.

Flame on, but if you've shot up at Left Hand I'm fucking disgusted by you.  FOAD.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to know the truth?  In dealing with this area for the last nine months I've never been more ashamed of my fellow shooting brothers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
amen bro!

a longmont 4x4 club sponsors a yearly cleanup effort that includes that pigsty.  it is all our problem, but not their mess!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Its too bad to hear things like this.  I've heard Pawnee is the same way.  I'm a shot-gunner too, and I know that shot-shells stick out like sore thumbs, and are MUCH easier to pick up than brass anyway.  Leaving them there shows nothing but disrespect and laziness.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Pawnee is the same way. A couple of weeks ago when I was there some slobs
dumped a washing machine off and had shot it up.  

It won't be long if this keeps up that all areas will be closed.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but if and when we see shitheads doing stuff like
trashing shooting areas  we should confront them.
I used to hate to do that seeing as how they are armed.
However, I'm armed too! I'm just getting really tired off seeing shit like that.

Sorry for the rant.
(I must be getting really grumpy in my old age but this is a real pet peeve of mine.)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you call us up so they'll be out-numbered and outgunned....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve preached this many times but I think I’m preaching to the choir. I doubt the guys who trash Left Hand and the Grasslands even post here. But if you do ........

PICK UP YOUR BULLSHIT WHEN YOU LEAVE!

Because of my work schedule I can’t participate in the group clean ups but I always try to take out other peoples crap when I’m up there. A large Hefty Bag is always part of my range gear.

I would hate to see either one of these areas closed down but especially the Grasslands. My son and I spend so much time up there together.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
When is the next group clean up?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
www.trr4wd.com
sorry no link.
cleanup is 4/30 for lefthand canyon.  a sign is posted usually.
bring your own tools(rake,hoe,snow shovel,contractor bags).  a dumpster is often provided, but pickups to go to the dump in boulder are key.
last year was snowed out, so the cleanup was weak.
the place is a mess and we will lose it, if the "few" don't pick up for the many.
a half dozen people will make a difference...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I am suprised no one here has a friend with a skidsteer and a dump truck that would be willing to lend a hand of a case of beer. All it would take is one trip to either place and it could be cleaned up. If people dont start picking up after them selves they will all be closed eventualy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I am planning to go may be this or next weekend to shoot. I have never been there, but I wanna see how good/bad it is. We will probably bring 1 plastic bag each and collect some trash there.

I really can't afford to lose place to shoot during winter time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top