Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2005 9:30:31 PM EDT

This guy is from the Hunnington Beach area. He left California, for a free state, to do his gun business in. Here in Phoenix, Arizona.

Does anyone know George?

Any Good or Bad about him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:41:28 PM EDT
Not sure if it was George I talked to, but I went into that store a few times, years ago.  The guy who helped me was very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:14:47 PM EDT
I was completely ignored in the store, and when I did get some "help" they(dunno who or remember who) said if wasnt gonna buy it, i couldnt touch it.  I dunno what their problem was.  Maybe it was the fact I looked 22-23, had a goatee and a facial piercing.  I wasnt worth their time.. I was judged before I even opened my mouth.  I had my buddy with me too, we both are avid shooters, and own/buy many firearms.. we turned and left to never go back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:45:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2005 1:46:35 AM EDT by NeoWeird]
Yeah, and the ironic thing is Turner's lets anyone touch anything. When I picked up my CZ 452 a couple days ago there was a guy who smelled to high heavens of marajuana (and I was several isle's away from him) and tried to act like a gangster. Phrases like "Yo, I'm lookin' fer a Glock 9 millie" were common. The guy got out from behind the counter and walked him anywhere he asked and even joked around with him. I waited for about 10 minutes at the counter, 10 feet from the same guy, and he didn't even ask if I needed anything even though he looked straight at me and I had the DROS receipt in my hand and in plain view.

Dennis at the San Bernardino Turner's is a great guy to deal with though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's ironic because if the small guys took the lesson that the bigger guys give, like dealing with your customers like they are a customer, then they would have a lot more of them; and far more of them would be returning customers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:42:45 AM EDT
He's a good guy.

I never bought a firearm fom him, but I did buy my reloading press, or one of them, and all my components from him.

Funny, he was ALWAYS in there, I never saw anyone else  working.

I'd tell you to say hi, but he wouldn't remember me, except as Malcolm's buddy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:39:27 PM EDT
was this the guy on beach blvd in westminster?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:43:06 PM EDT

Yes!
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:49:08 PM EDT
he was over priced on guns. i never bought anything there but i was always treated right. he did have a large selection of reloading gear. sad to see him go. soon only turners will be left.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:19:52 PM EDT
I use to get some reloading components from him.He was very informative and helpful on that i could ask any ?s and got an answer.plus he had evrything you need in stock.as for the gun side of the store i glanced a few times but never really got help on that but then again i wasnt really that interested just looking.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:18:28 AM EDT
Goehge had  good prices but the personality of a brick.  Toobad he's gone , but his attitude sucked and acted like he was doing you a favor if you wanted to buy anything from him.

Just my opinion
Michael
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:58:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mntngoat:
Goehge had  good prices but the personality of a brick.  Toobad he's gone , but his attitude sucked and acted like he was doing you a favor if you wanted to buy anything from him.

Just my opinion
Michael

I'd agree with that statement 100%. I never bought a gun there only because he quoted a friend a price the day before, and then told me a higher price the next day. When I questioned him on it, he told me that he didn't like something about me. I only bought ammo from him once and that was it. When he was going out of business, he said he was getting out the industry all together.

-d
Top Top