Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:31:51 AM EDT
I think I'll be able to get my hands on about 80 boxes (720 per box) and stamped '98.  Of course, before I stretch myself out like that I wanted to see if there was any interest.  I live in Cobb county and would prefer to sell it locally.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
How much per box?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How much per box?

+1
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Price, that's the big question.  Part of the reason I wanted to gauge local interest.  The more I can buy, the cheaper I can sell it.  Hoping to be able to sell it for around $150 per box of 720.  What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Price, that's the big question.  Part of the reason I wanted to gauge local interest.  The more I can buy, the cheaper I can sell it.  Hoping to be able to sell it for around $150 per box of 720.  What do y'all think?

I ordered a 720 round ammo box of RG this morning from Widener's for $133 + $10.52 shipping.  

You said your stuff will be boxed?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I ordered a 720 round ammo box of RG this morning from Widener's for $133 + $10.52 shipping.  

Did you get anyone to do halvies with you?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Sure did Byte.  If you're interested, maybe you and I could go half on a crate of Guatemalan from AIM in a few weeks.   I finally broke down and read the 87 page review on it over at the ammo board.  Lots of guys find this worthy of storing for when the Chinamen come parachuting down.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
More info coming in about the ammo.  It's 900 count per box, and probably have a selling price of about $160/box.  The majority of boxes are sealed from the factory with the exception of a few that were opened to do a QC.  Again, I'm trying to see if anyone would buy this ammo?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be very interested at the right price, but not so much at the current quote.

TD
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be in for a couple of boxes if we can get the right price.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this close to Q quality?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#11]
A few questions first.  A 900 count ammo can.  Is the ammo in stripper clips and bandos, in cardboard boxes, or loose?  Also would it be $160 per can out the door, $160 plus tax, or $160 plus shipping.   Final price?

I might be interested in a few cans, but it depends on the details.   I do like Rad Green ammo and am always up for more.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes please more details, and I have seen those 720 round cans from wideners for $133 myself.  Definatly tempting I have to say.  I likes me the free ammo can too
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That would be me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Does it look like any of this?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to look at it in the next few days and will know all details, including price, then.  There will be some negotiation on price and if it seems I'll be able to sell all of it, I'll buy all of it.  The more I buy the less I pay.  I've been told that it's packaged just as Radway Green packages it.  It has those metal seals that have to be broken or cut off as each can is opened.

I appreciate all the feedback and that's exactly what I need.  This helps me to know what I can sell this ammo for and what it's worth, which also helps me know if I'm getting a good lot price.  

At $160, that's 17.7 cents/round, which I thought is pretty good.  That's more what I need to get to make this worth doing at the initial lot price I've been told.  Hopefully, that will come down.

As far as selling it, I want to get rid of it quickly.  I don't want to store 72000 rounds of ammo.  I prefer to sell it to local AR15 enthusiasts.  That way buyers can come pick it up or it can be brought to you at no extra cost to you.  I don't want to be an ammo dealer, I've just had what may be a good deal come my way.

Thanks guys

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You guys know we aren't supposed to have sales ads in the Hometown forums.  I try to let things slide when I can, like if someone posts something like "hey, where can I find xxxx?" and someone responds with an offer.

At first I kind of took the initial post by UGA_RRANMA4 to be more of a "hey, I know a source for this awesome ammo" kind of thing.  It isn't sounding that way anymore.  

UGA_RRANMA4, not trying to bust your balls, especially since you are new here.  (BTW, welcome!)  I just want everyone to be aware of the rules (even if I don't completely agree with all of them).

If the thread continues in this group buy kind of fashion, I'll end up having to lock it.  You guys might want to start taking this to IM and e-mail if you are trying to work out a group buy of sorts.  

Hey book, would the staff let us open up a seperate thread within the Georgia board for local classifieds?  I know how strict they are so I can imagine this would be a no go - couldn't hurt to run it by them.  

UGA I'm shooting you an IM.  IM's can be checked by clicking the IM button in the top left hand corner of the site window.  When you have a message it will be highlighted in red.  Another tip:  the message is delelted the second you close the window so if you want to keep any messages you get you must click save.  It took me forever to catch on to that.  haha
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nope.  Belive me, I've asked for a long time to at least allow a single thread with local ads.  They won't buy into it at all.

At least we have the GA EE filter pinned up top. I like that.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Um, IBTL

(I might be interested in a case if this pans out.)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be interested for the right price.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#23]
interested also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top