Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 5:29:59 AM EDT
Hi all, I'm from next door PA and in early January I'm going to be working in Waterville, OH for about THREE MONTHS.  My company is assigning me to a project out there and I will most likely be working 6+ days a week.  So exciting.

Anyway, we are usually put up in hotels near the project site.  What are the legalities of bringing my pistola into Ohio.  I understand that my CCW means jack squat there, but what about open carry?  To do that will I have to change my residency?  

Also, I was hoping that on my off day (Sunday) that there might be a range I could shoot at (depending of course on weather, etc.)  Could I possibly bring my AR15 into the state without becoming an instant felon?

Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You can pretty much bring anything you want.  We have a 30 round mag capacity limit.  No CCW as you stated.  Open carry is technically legal although some areas may not be real happy with it.  There are no permits required for firearms in this state.  Not sure about ranges local to your location.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Maumee, that's where I stayed when I was checking out the project.  I had my truck broken into while at the Hampton Inn there.  Officer Boggs handled the report.  I was victim 1 of 11 that day, and that was just officer Boggs at the Hampton.  He said other hotels were hit that same evening.  

I will have to look you up while I am there.  I also understand that Adco firearms is right up the road in Sylvania so I'll have to stop in there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not really mysterious at all.  My company designs and builds glass plants all over the world.  Johns Manville has a fiberglass plant in Waterville.

Because of the high temps needed to make glass the furnaces need rebuilt every 3-15 years.  The length of service or campaign depends on a lot of factors.  Usually while the furnace is down manufactures want a lot of other work done since working around a furnace kicking off a ton of heat and a near 24/7/365 production limits the amount of maintenance that can be performed.  Plus there are other issues that need to be address which makes the project length longer.  I won't get into too much more detail than that.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I live about 35 miles south of Waterville.  If there's anything I can do to make your visit to the Buckeye state more tolerable, give me a shout.

Sucks about the break-in, but unfortunately it's not uncommmon in hotel parking lots.

I've never shot there, but Cleland's has a pistol range about ten miles from Waterville.  Ricker or one of the other Toledo guys could probably tell you more.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, there is a small gun shop right in Waterville.  A retired guy runs it, really a super-nice guy. I've been in there a few times, he's more into reloading/precision shooting, but he's got a little bit of everything.  

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top