Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 2:42:10 PM EDT
With all the talk about off list lowers potentially being banned, and group buys and fun shows, it just serves to remind me that after paying taxes, supporting my wife and two kids, and paying all the bills inherent to living in california... there just isnt anything left over to purchase an AR.   God how I wish it were otherwise.   Maybe the boss can give me a raise...

until then...
(holds up a sign that says: Need $$$ for an AR lower)
Alms for the poor?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Work some overtime, mow some lawns, etc.  You can find $175+ somehow.

Do it NOW.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This is EXACTLY what credit cards are for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel your pain, I was in the same boat two weeks ago. Just work some over time or something. I worked a extra couple hours per shift and it got me a stag lower and a star although my star is being held hostage right now by the doj, LOL
Lynch

Quoted:
With all the talk about off list lowers potentially being banned, and group buys and fun shows, it just serves to remind me that after paying taxes, supporting my wife and two kids, and paying all the bills inherent to living in california... there just isnt anything left over to purchase an AR.   God how I wish it were otherwise.   Maybe the boss can give me a raise...

until then...
Alms for the poor?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
With all the talk about off list lowers potentially being banned, and group buys and fun shows, it just serves to remind me that after paying taxes, supporting my wife and two kids, and paying all the bills inherent to living in california...

See if the dealers will take a wife and kids in trade
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Do some extra job and get some extra $$$ for it. You can do it!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad the kidney market is flooded with cheap Indian, Bangledashi and (dead) Chinese imports.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is EXACTLY what credit cards are for.

+1,000  This is an EMERGENCY!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll spare everyone my own hard luck story, but I managed to get two non-listed AR lowers for "normal" prices.

Crying about it on a forum ain't gonna get you one, making phone calls, doing the legwork, driving to the FFL etc. that'll get you a ticket to AR land.  Seriously, buying a stripped non-listed AR lower is one of life's lesser exspenses.

Heck, you could make a phone call to Clint at www.carricozarmory.com/lowers.htm right this very second and have him overnight a lower to your FFL to DROS tommorow.  That is if someone that wanted it more than you didn't already do just that and clean him out.

Now, buck up and score that lower!

P.S. It could very well be too late to do it the way described above, I suggest going to: www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

and buying it from a stocking dealer, maybe you'll pay twice what it's worth dollar wise, but you're buying peace of mind and eternal AR joy.

Or, there's alway's the FAB-10.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I knew I was kicking over a hornets nest with that one, but I couldnt resist.   hell, i'm already working two hours of overtime a night to make ends meet.    I'll figure something out... i hope lol   wish me luck, cross your fingers, and pray the DOJ dont step on a poor lowly reservist too hard
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I knew I was kicking over a hornets nest with that one, but I couldnt resist.   hell, i'm already working two hours of overtime a night to make ends meet.    I'll figure something out... i hope lol   wish me luck, cross your fingers, and pray the DOJ dont step on a poor lowly reservist too hard

Its ok, there are some times when there are things more important than a gun.  Your family's financial wellbeing is taking precedent and there is nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its ok, there are some times when there are things more important than a gun.  Your family's financial wellbeing is taking precedent and there is nothing wrong with that.

LOW is right, take a second job.  Your family needs the fire power.  If you don't do this now, you will regret it.  I hear that after the addalist, they are going to have a zombie invasion.  If you want your family to be taken care of, by all means, forget about sleep, and take that job at 7/11, if you are already working there, In and OUt is hiring, and pays quite well for an entry level position.  You'll only neeed to work there for a week to save up enough money for a couple of lowers.
GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Screw the 2nd job, you just need under $300 for a receiver.  

How about raiding the kid's college fund
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#14]
If I knew how to link it, I would... but I've got a listing on the equipment exchange board for my Savage .30-06 for trade to a sympathetic individual.  

I am trying every route to get my hands on a lower, and have been offered a STAG stripped lower reciever.   I know that even if I go this route, I'm on the losing side of the deal, but desperate times... etc.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
  I'll figure something out... i hope lol   wish me luck, cross your fingers, and pray the DOJ dont step on a poor lowly reservist too hard

dude, ask for a transfer to a unit thats about to deploy to Iraq.  in 12-18 months you'll have no financial worries.

My NG buddy came back after 20 months with enough in the bank to finally get a house.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I would, but I got back from Iraq last may, and am on enforced 'stabilization' until this comming july.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I feel your pain, I was in the same boat two weeks ago. Just work some over time or something. I worked a extra couple hours per shift and it got me a stag lower and a star although my star is being held hostage right now by the doj, LOL
Lynch

When did they confiscate a shipment of Double Star STAR-15s?  I heard about the Superior Arms confiscation, the Global AKs they took, and the Wilson Tacticals but not the STAR-15s.  Tell me it isn't so man!  The STAR-15s were cool!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
this (might, if it goes right)  be your one shot... forever.    
175 $ is a small price to pay
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I will let you dros one now for $25 and in 29 days you will owe me the rest, hows that?

$190 for milspec lower
$40 for ffl
$25 for state

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  I'll figure something out... i hope lol   wish me luck, cross your fingers, and pray the DOJ dont step on a poor lowly reservist too hard

dude, ask for a transfer to a unit thats about to deploy to Iraq.  in 12-18 months you'll have no financial worries.

My NG buddy came back after 20 months with enough in the bank to finally get a house.

Blame it on the liberal media, but I was always under the impression that the guys deployed don't make very much.

Am I mistaken?

When you say that your firiend was able to afford a house, are you talking about a down payment?

I can't imagine that within 20 months he was able to make enough to flat out afford a house, especially in our market.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

until then...
Alms for the poor?

Boy, sounds a lot like my story. Wife, two kids, no money, etc... except this wife ran up $20k on the credit cards. What we're paying monthly to the cards adds up to a monthly car payment, and not for a Kia. I could have several new rifles a year.

ETA: I do NOT recommend the credit card method, except maybe in a real SHTF situation...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Boy, sounds a lot like my story. Wife, two kids, no money, etc... except this wife ran up $20k on the credit cards. What we're paying monthly to the cards adds up to a monthly car payment, and not for a Kia. I could have several new rifles a year.

ETA: I do NOT recommend the credit card method, except maybe in a real SHTF situation...

But if you had run the credit cards up buying guns, there wouldn't have been any room left for her to run 20K up on them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blame it on the liberal media, but I was always under the impression that the guys deployed don't make very much.

Am I mistaken?

Yes.  On top of their base pay, which isnt bad.  They get things like sea pay/combat pay and pay no federal income taxes while deployed. All while serving somewhere there is little ability to spend money.

I came back from the gulf war with over 20K in the bank as a E-3.  In the 3 months i was in Somalia i banked 11K as an E-4.  

I run into a lot of Marine E-3's who are driving cars that cost over 40K since OIF started.  Lots of Infinity G30's, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes ect. Deployed active duty troops and making damn good money.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Top Top